WHO ARE THE FALSE PROPHETS TODAY?

by Dogpatch 270 Replies latest jw friends

• Essan
    Essan

Debator, you rather rashly said said:

"I am not splitting hairs, unless they claim to be INSPIRED oF GOD they cannot be classed as false prophets that is a Bible fact"

That's complete nonsense. And you can split hairs all you like, it still won't do you any good. Can you show me the Bible verses to support your 'Bible fact' where:

1. false prophets are identified as such in the Bible (and they have also specifically declared themselves 'prophets', only to be proven false).

2. they specifically claim 'inspiration' from God. (they use the word 'inspiration', as you insist is vital)

And all false prophets in the Bible will have to be shown to do this consistently, because you are claiming a rule.

So, for your claim to be substantiated, all identified false prophets in the Bible will have to both directly claim to be 'Prophets' and directly claim 'inspiration' . If they don't do this in all cases, then, according to your rule, the Bible is wrong in identifying them - any of them - as 'False Prophets, or the like.

This should be interesting. I look forward to your response.

BTW, you are deviating from the Society's own teachings on what identifies and condemns as a false prophet, because it suits you. They have already condemned themselves out of their own mouth:

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying." (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).

• designs
    designs

I was in the audience the night Fred Franz spoke at the LA Convention Center and back-pedaled on what he had written in all the Publications.

• metatron
    metatron

Ah Yes, the 'we had our fingers crossed and didn't say Simon-says' argument. Do you think a false prophet in ancient Israel could avoid getting stoned to death with the razor thin , "but I didn't actually say I was a visionary!"?

The reality - as any elder meeting with the C.O. should tell you - is that they do represent themselves as representing Jehovah and you can get into big trouble saying otherwise. Deuteronomy fits anyway.

Beyond all that, my other points remain unchallenged. They create bad fruitage as Jesus defined false prophets, the organization is loaded with fakery in its works and......

their persistent false predictions mean that you can't trust anything they say. It is this single fact that should render this gnat straining a silly exercise. They are broadgage liars and that should be sufficient ( perhaps only to sane, balanced humans) to render them a ridiculous "authority" , even if nobody picks up a Bible and reads it. It's just good sense to not believe anyone who lies to you for ............oh, lets say ......... one hundred and thirty years or so.

That we should even DEBATE such an issue should speak volumes about how fantasy driven and frighteningly sick this organization is. It's madness institutionalized.

metatron

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

Hi Misery

I'm being completely honest with myself and You. A simple look at the scriptures proves Jehovah's Witnesses are not false prophets. If you want to redefine false prophet by unbiblical standpoint of your own opinion that is your choice.

My reply: Not sure what scriptures you are reading. Deut 18 defines it and the WT fulfills it. Jeremiah provides an example of one which the WT mirrors (Hananiah).

Reniaa said:

Hi room

I'm no saying they are not acountable because all shepherds are accountable biblically but Witnesses are simply not false prophets. They have been mistaken on understanding ACTUAL bible prophecies but they are willing to be refined.

My reply:

Baeless assertion and the facts show otherwise.

Reniaa said:

The simple problem always remains if we start condemning just for understanding ALREADY WRITTEN bible prophecies or chronology wrong why would anyone even attempt to understand it?

My reply:

Has already been explained to you..red herring...go refer to earlier posts.

• Essan
    Essan

@ Metatron. You said:

It is this single fact that should render this gnat straining a silly exercise.

Agreed, but let's strain this gnat, because Debator has thoroughly checkmated him/herself here, so let's see it through to the finish and demand an answer. Debator insists - as a "Bible fact" that someone must directly and specifically claim 'inspiration' when making wrong pronouncements and false predictions before they can be rightly accounted as a "False Prophet". They can't use other words to indicate this, as the Society does, oh no, they have to specifically claim 'inspiration', and Debator says the Bible proves this. Well I can't wait to see the evidence. This is one gnat that really needs strained. If Debator doesn't return with this clear evidence of this "Bible fact", then I'm sure myself and others here can locate the instances in the Bible of Prophet's proving and being declared false, and presenting the evidence ourselves.

That we should even DEBATE such an issue should speak volumes about how fantasy driven and frighteningly sick this organization is. It's madness institutionalized.

Oh I totally agree, but sometimes it's necessary to insist someone hang from the noose they themselves made before they will be willing to come to their senses.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Essan, so according to Debator, aka Reniaa, the WT is wrong when it called others false prophets for predicting the end by a certain date when it didn't happen. I am curious to see the twisted answer Reniaa will try to give to this corner it has painted themself into. Or perhaps like her past, she will run and avoid.

• metatron
    metatron

Yup, look you Watchtower apologists - you have to overcome 130 of false prophecy that's well documented. How can this discussion end well for you?

You can narrowly squeeze out a careful definition of "false prophets" but that doesn't change the 130 years of lies.

How can you live with that? How do you deal with it? How do you avoid thinking about this everytime some jack C.O. gives a 'be a fanatic now' talk in your Kingdom Hall?

If you stayed home for cableTV installation and he didn't show up after - what, a hundred and thirty years - would you tend to lose confidence? Is this just ridiculous or what?

metatron

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Again, in reference to the WT's false prophecy of the 1914 generation and the end:

Hananiah’s False Prophecy 1 Now in the same year, in the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah king of Judah, in the fourth year, in the fifth month, Hananiah the son of Azzur, the prophet, who was from Gibeon, spoke to me in the house of the L ORD in the presence of the priests and all the people, saying, 2 “Thus says the L ORD of hosts, the God of Israel, ‘I have broken the yoke of the king of Babylon. 3 ‘Within two years I am going to bring back to this place all the vessels of the L ORD’S house, which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon took away from this place and carried to Babylon. 4 ‘I am also going to bring back to this place Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and all the exiles of Judah who went to Babylon,’ declares the L ORD , ‘for I will break the yoke of the king of Babylon.’”

I do not see Hananiah saying he is inspired. he simply said "Thus says the Lord of Hosts". The WT said that their words were' The Creator's promise". Both Hananiah and the org took words already written (what Hananiah said was to happen) BUT they put thier own time stamp on it and used God's name as a guarantee of their own time constraint. These two false prophecies mirror each other perfectly, despite Reniaa's ridiculous attempts to say it isn't so.

• metatron
    metatron

My God........... when you look at that Awake quote about false prophets and the End..........

how do these writers at the Watchtower even get their pants on in the morning? Do they face a mirror and say, "I'm a total fraud" or "I'm a total idiot"?

It just amazes me. Lead on, Essan.

metatron

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

"True, there have been those in times past who predicted an 'end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The 'end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. (Awake, Oct. 8, 1968).

I would say this really sums it up. LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit