WHO ARE THE FALSE PROPHETS TODAY?

by Dogpatch 270 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I see you still try and say they are false prophets when they simply do not qualify Biblically to be so. I think threads like this are good for readers to see because they highlight the prejudice on here.

It also draws out posters such as yourself who aren't being completely honest with themselves.

• Room 215
    Room 215

so, debator, it's of no consequence to you that the high school class of '69 was told in God's name that "you won't grow old, much less die, in this old system?" (May 22 1969 Awake!) There's no accountability by anyone for those words or their effect of impressionable naive adolescents, eh? Look if you and your ilk enjoy life wrapped cozily in your blanket of delusion, I won't try to dissuade you. Oh, and given the new elastic "this generation" nonsense, I suggest you might want to consider pre-paid funeral arrangements....

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

In its issue of July 15, 1976, The Watchtower, commenting on the

inadvisability of setting our sights on a certain date, stated:

“If anyone has been disappointed through not following this

line of thought, he should now concentrate on adjusting his

viewpoint, seeing that it was not the word of God that failed

or deceived him and brought disappointment, but that his

own understanding was based on.

These persons having to do with the publication of this

information were none other than members of the Governing

Body of the Society. They are the same people who claim to be

spirit-appointed by God and responsible for providing spiritual

food at the proper time, for those they claim to communicate

with on God’s behalf. Were they now saying that had only been

guessing, and the ”wrong premises” that members had based

their hopes on was them? Is this really the same group of men

who had referred to themselves as God’s prophet as recently as

1972 in an article entitled the prophet?

However, Jehovah did not let the people of

Christendom, as led by the clergy, go without being warned

that the League was a counterfeit substitute for the real

Kingdom of God. He had a “prophet” to warn them.

Known then at that time as International Bible Students. Today they

are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses. They are still

proclaiming a warning, and they have been joined and

assisted in their commissioned work by hundreds of

thousands of persons who have listened to their message with

belief.”

“Of course it is easy to say that this group act as a prophet of

God. It is another thing to prove it. The only way that this can

be done is to review the record. What does it show?”

Watchtower - 1 April 1972 Page 197

Quotes from - Opening the Door to Jehovah's Witnesses.

• debator
    debator

Hi Misery

I'm being completely honest with myself and You. A simple look at the scriptures proves Jehovah's Witnesses are not false prophets. If you want to redefine false prophet by unbiblical standpoint of your own opinion that is your choice.

Hi room

I'm no saying they are not acountable because all shepherds are accountable biblically but Witnesses are simply not false prophets. They have been mistaken on understanding ACTUAL bible prophecies but they are willing to be refined.

The simple problem always remains if we start condemning just for understanding ALREADY WRITTEN bible prophecies or chronology wrong why would anyone even attempt to understand it?

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

if we start condemning just for understanding ALREADY WRITTEN bible prophecies or chronology wrong why would anyone even attempt to understand it?

Ummm......don't the JW's disfellowship anyone who does this? Don't they condemn other religions for having what they feel is the wrong view?

• metatron
    metatron

And what do we have here? Pharisaic hair splitting to avoid being called 'false prophets' !

Well Gee, excuse me. They aren't prophets , they're just broadgage liars who damaged countless lives by making predictions about the future that never came true.

Oh..... and they're merely deep seated, 'seared in the conscience' deceivers who repeat committing the same public lies, over and over, across decades, without the least sense of shame, as THEY ARE CURRENTLY DOING IN REGARD TO GOING TO COLLEGE!!

Does it ever occur to you apologists for these 'Sons of Bernie Madoff' that your reasoning is circular? That you can't depend on anything the Watchtower says to be true because, apparently, they can lie if it's for a good reason? That everything they promise collapses in a thick haze of 'relative truth', thereby? Do you ever hear an old timer lament, "one day, they're going to tell us it was all 'spiritual' and that 'this is the best way of life even if there was no reward" ?

metatron

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Did you mark your calendar for sundown, September 5th 1975? Many witnesses did, because this wasn't some overzealous local MS saying it, it's straight from the top. False prophesy.

• debator
    debator

Hi Palmtree

I was discussion Bible prophecy specifically which is subjective and needs us to recognise and react when we understand to the best of our ability that it is being fulfilled. Despite prophecy only being 100% in hindsight.

You try and fallacially widen this to Bible laws and absolutes on how we function as a flock which are very clear and not subjective like prophecy is.

Hi Melatron

I am not splitting hairs unless they claim to be INSPIRED oF GOD they cannot be classed as false prophets that is a Bible fact. You cannot pretend they have claimed inspiration or read it into their words (a very pharasee-like thing to do) they have to openly claim they have been given the ACTUAL INSPIRED WORDS FROM GOD HIMSELF outside of the bible.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

debator what about the scripture in deuteronomy 18:20-22

20 However the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die. 21 And in case you say in your heart: "How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?" 22 When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it.

Here I'm taking the word prophet to include not just those who clearly prophesy about the future but also those who negotiate meaning and faith for their followers and also who function as moral critics of the society in which they live.

Furthermore in using the bible to fulfil their mission and in using it as an authority for themselves they are speaking in Jehovahs name and thus are acting as prophets according to Deuteronomy.

The bible both supports and undermines Jehovahs witnesses at the same time.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Jehovah's Witnesses would be the modern-day false prophets- in direct fulfillment of Jesus words in Matthew regarding false Christs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit