WHO ARE THE FALSE PROPHETS TODAY?

by Dogpatch 270 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Debator, read it and weep.

• debator
    debator

Read what? massively old publications from our very early days when we were still searching for basic bible truths? That debators on here have to go so far back in time to our early days for their ammunition says a lot but publications from those early days still make the clear point that we do not consider ourselves inspired.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

debator when you reply to the point I was making instead of to the point you wish I was making then I will reply to you. Meanwhile I stand by my point that the verses I quoted from deuteronomy undermine the prophetic authority Jehovahs witnesses appropriate for themselves.

• debator
    debator

Hi quietlyleaving

What question? you made a point on deut 18 by proof texting verses 20-22 ignoring the context of verse 18 onwards to prove your point. You then said using the Bible is the same as claiming to be inspired which is saying every Jew and every early Christian was claiming to be able to do inspired words from God himself. Therefore how do we know the Bible is inspired from all the other Jewish writings from those times?

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

Dear Debator,

Just a thought....

Take the Bible and the way The Society, and by extension Jehovahs Witnesses view the bible. JWs believe that the ORIGINAL TEXTS were inspired. The Society has been HONEST in admitting that no translation is inspired.

Im sure you would agree with that. Its common knowledge and certainly not controversial.

However, even though no translation today is inspired, The JWs bible is seen as the ultimate translation, the BEST translation. and although not inspired the NWT translation is the basis for JWs beliefs. , it displays the JW doctines most closely. Closer than any other bible around it shows the JW doctrines and in actuality its a translation that justifies the JW beliefs. Its easy to use the NW translation as a basis for JW beliefs. Sure u can use the KIng James but the NWT conforms most closely to JW doctine.

And thats the way it is with JW prophecy.

Make a translation that is best suited for JW beliefs THEN make great claims, great speculations, great utterances, based on such. When such claims go unfulfilled simply say we arent inspired just on the watch.

If we are honest, The END RESULT must be. to call into question the entire religion.

If we are dishonest the result will be to ignore, disfuse, squash, and vilify any skepticism on the part of onlookers or insiders.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I came on to see if Renibator has made any points to correct or refute. But I see nothing...so Essan's points still stand. The WT has condemned itself as a modern-day false prophet.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

renibator' said:

Read what? massively old publications from our very early days when we were still searching for basic bible truths? That debators on here have to go so far back in time to our early days for their ammunition says a lot but publications from those early days still make the clear point that we do not consider ourselves inspired.

My reply: A false prophet is still a false prophet...regardless of how long ago it happened. I thought that the WT claims they had basic truths back in the period leading up to 1919, that is why they were supposedly chosen to be God's channel of communication. I also must have missed the verse in the Bible where it said one is not a flase prophet so long as their false claims are made in their early day while searching for basic truths. Please direct me to that verse.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Debator says: "Read what? massively old publications from our very early days when we were still searching for basic bible truths?"

Debator, would you agree that real " truths" never change. What was the truth back then should still be the "truth" today. just like the Bible

would you call the Sept 15, 2010 Watchtower mag massively old?

2 Timothy 3:7 says, "always learning and yet, never able to come to accurate knowledge oftruth."

sound familiar? sounds like the WT to me

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi isaac,

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Hey Wasblind...how are you doing?

Sending you a pm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit