WHO ARE THE FALSE PROPHETS TODAY?

by Dogpatch 270 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

"For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households "

nobody does it better than the WTS on saturday mornings

• chrisjoel
    chrisjoel

To any JW apologist: how would you answer the question "WHO RUNS THE WATCHTOWER BIBLE AND TRACT SOCIETY?"

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Personally, I was raised as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. I had three or four friends that became lovers of pleasures and other things in the world that are diametrically opposed to the love of God. If they were to later accuse Jehovah's Witnesses of being false prophets, I'd know what is really motivating them."

Oh really!!!

When did you start reading the heart consfearacy?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I thought only Jehovah could do that.

• Essan
    Essan

Consfearacy said: It hasn't been my observation that the faithful and discreet slave has deliberately lied or covered up a mistaken viewpoint.

Ah, the old 'head in the sand' defense. Don't you bother to read the posts in this thread? I suppose by simply not bothering to read what people write and the evidence they provide you can always claim that you 'haven't observed the Society lying'. You know full well what the Society actually preached about 1914 in the run up to that year and you know full well that the vast majority of the rank and file of JW's have no clue what the Society actually preached about 1914, but think something very different was preached.

How could this possibly be the case if they had not been lied to?

Here's an experiment for you: in the Hall and for the next week chat to the Brothers and Sisters relaxedly about how the Brothers were preaching that the world would end in a fiery Armageddon in 1914 and that Jesus presence had begun in 1874, and that this 1874 date for Jesus arrival was a Society teaching until after 1930. Try doing that and see if they aren't deeply shocked. See if some don't call you a liar and perhaps even report you for apostasy. See how long it takes before you are called into the 'back room' by the Elders to be questioned and warned to keep your mouth shut - for speaking the truth in "The Truth".

If there has been no lie, then why would they be shocked on hearing the truth?Why would the truth be a problem? You won't do this - oh, I wish you would - because you already know the truth and you know what will happen if you speak about it! The Society lied and still lies and actively protects it's lies from exposure!

As I'm tired of copying out text for someone who doesn't bother to read what's written in case they might accidentally expose themselves to the truth, I'll simply post links to examples of this current lie, which is directly relevant to our topic. Remember, you claimed - wrongly, but I'll play along - that the identifying mark of a False Prophet was lying.

Go here and read the quotes at the top of the page. Compare them:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/failed-1914-predictions.php

Note that they completely contradict each other. That is because the Society is lying. These lies represent their current position. They are currently liars .

Read on if you want to and the following link offers a little more detail about this deliberate deception:

http://www.xjw.com/1914lies.html

Here is a little explanatory text from the second site linked:

"Regarding the Watch Tower's core doctrine of Christ's second coming ("presence," Gr. parousia) in the year 1914, there is a prevailing popular notion among Jehovah's Witnesses that their founder, C.T. Russell, predicted and evangelized this glorious event for the better part of 40 years in advance of its fulfillment, as they believe it to be. It is a general concept that Russell's Bible Students heralded a warning, pointing to the Advent in 1914, and that its fulfillment was made evident by the outbreak of World War I in that year, thus proving Jehovah's favor on the Bible Students' movement. The 1914 parousia being the nucleus of Jehovah's Witnesses' present "good news of the Kingdom" message, the Watch Tower has served to nurture that misconception about their predecessors' early teaching with misleading inferences in their publications over the past half century... Such misleading statements belie their known history"

Here is a link to a letter a Brother wrote to the Society regarding their lies about their history (and he includes a few more examples of false statements published in the literature regarding 1914)

http://www.607v587.com/Letter%20re%201874.htm

The rest of your post is irrelevant and off topic rambling and doesn't warrant a response.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"Ah, the old 'head in the sand' defense."

I think her head is so far up in her butt, she can see what she ate three days ago

• Consfearacy
    Consfearacy

Mary, from the way you speak, you seem to think of Jehovah as a reality but have a bitter and unrelenting attitude toward an organization that's named Jehovah's Witnesses, as you have to include some four letter words in your assessment. Why ever this is the case, anger is a bad emotion that interferes with a person's judgment and ability to understand others. I don't know if you view Armageddon as a reality, but if you do, you agree with the early Bible students and should understand why they shared what they earnestly believed about 1925 with others.

“Son of man, a watchman is what I have made you to the house of Israel, and you must hear from my mouth speech and you must warn them from me. When I say to someone wicked, ‘You will positively die,’ and you do not actually warn him and speak in order to warn the wicked one from his wicked way to preserve him alive, he being wicked, in his error he will die, but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand. But as for you, in case you have warned someone wicked and he does not actually turn back from his wickedness and from his wicked way, he himself for his error will die; but as for you, you will have delivered your own soul. And when someone righteous turns back from his righteousness and actually does injustice and I must put a stumbling block before him, he himself will die because you did not warn him. For his sin he will die, and his righteous acts that he did will not be remembered, but his blood I shall ask back from your own hand. And as for you, in case you have warned someone righteous that the righteous one should not sin, and he himself does not actually sin, he will without fail keep on living because he had been warned, and you yourself will have delivered your own soul.” Ezekiel 3:17-21

If they kept what they believed to themselves and didn't share it with others, you wouldn't be able to pass them off as false prophets. But would that change your viewpoint of this relatively small group of men and women? It the answer is yes, you should try putting yourself in their shoes and understand their thinking early in the 20th century. It's even superstitious and fanatical to believe their mistaken viewpoint places some kind of indefinite hex on the organization that condemns all of Jehovah Witnesses living today.

• Mary
    Mary

Consfearasy, before you start on yet another useless post which does not address any of the issues we have raised, I direct you back to my previous post and ask you to point out anything erroneous I said. Please use scriptural evidence to show where I, or others on here have either lied or provided you with inaccurate quotes from either the bible or the Society's own literature.

Consfearasy said: It hasn't been my observation that the faithful and discreet slave has deliberately lied or covered up a mistaken viewpoint.

And once again, I will direct you to their own words regarding false prophecying:

"Since the Bible was completed and "inspiration" is no longer necessary, a true prophet is one who is faithfully proclaiming what is written in the Bible.......It matters not whether he proclaims his message with deliberate, willful and malicious intent to deceive, or whether he is the blinded and deluded dupe of Satan and hence unwittingly used of him. In either case, he is a false prophet and hence the agent of Satan".----Watchtower May 15, 1930, p 154

By their own words, it doesn't make any difference if their false date setting is deliberate or not----whoever does it (including them), they are "false prophets and hence the agent of Satan."

Care to try again?

• Think About It
    Think About It

"For from these arise those men who slyly work their way into households "

nobody does it better than the WTS on saturday mornings

The Sunday morning Christian Tele-evangelists do it better.

Think About It

• wasblind
    wasblind

Think about it,

thanks for the correction

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit