Who really is Michael the Archangel?

by theMadJW 309 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

How many did the Evangelical Blackwater murderers commit.................

• Think About It
    Think About It

I grew up attending different Protestant churches and they are cults also. The only difference in them and the JW's are the JW's are more organized and insist on more personal control. I've got no problem with them coming here, but they are actually no different than the JW apologists that show up. They all are here to help recruit those they percieve to be weak minded ones into their particular cult and deep down have contempt for those who don't agree with their religious views.

Think About It

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

How many did YOU witness?

Is Blackwater after you?

• tec
    tec

Okay.

Enough fooling around.

Here is the real answer to who is Michael the Archangel:

JOHN TRAVOLTA

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Much like the erroneous view of Jesus being Michael can come from taking isolated passages and misapplying them, from the very same methods the Trinity came.

I agree. I could be wrong, but this is what I think, and this is why I stay away from making myself crazy over which is true or not.

Jesus is Truth.

Period. Tammy
  • Chalam
    Chalam

tec Here is the real answer to who is Michael the Archangel:

JOHN TRAVOLTA

Is that noo light direct from Brooklyn?!

tec Jesus is Truth. Period.

Indeed :)

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Stay away from false Messiahs.

Luke 21:8 (New International Version)

8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Blessings,

Stephen

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Such self-rihghteous pretense is revealed by you ignoring the OTHER scriptures.

It's a smorgasboard only to churchoids and ex-JWs trying to save face.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

What is very important is a religous belief. Not how people behave, because Satan can [and does] tempt us all, no matter what our faith is. His will is to destroy families, friendships love and the earth.

What are your religous beliefs? Are they true? Are they in keeping with scripture? Are they unchanging? That's what truth is. A faith that does not change.

Michael is God's champion angel. In greek, angelos is translated as messanger. Jesus can speak with an angels voice and be rightfully declaring God's will with out being an angel.

No church father thought that Jesus was an angel...

Let me say that again. No church father ever thought that Jesus was an angel. Every church father [listed in the "should you believe in the trinity" propaganda] asserted that Jesus was God himself, but also fully man. Not even 2% angel. They all have complete writtings available for all to read. Read and then speak with wisdom instead of ignorance.

respectfully,

dc

• Think About It
    Think About It
    No church father thought that Jesus was an angel...

That's not true. Why do you think they call it a controversy? Because some took the position that Jesus could be identified as Michael. Here's some samplings from a quick check.

Thus Clement of Rome taught around A.D. 90f that Malachi’s Angel of the Covenant is the

Lord Jesus Christ (First Epistle to the Corinthians, ch. 23). So too Matheetees, in his A.D. 130

Epistle to Diognetus

(ch. 7).

Hippolytus of Rome, A.D. 225, in his Fragments from Commentaries on Daniel (II:14 &

II:24-28), states on Daniel 10:5-21 (cf. Revelation 1:13-17): "Christ is their Prince.... He

[Daniel] sees the Lord.... Various nations waited for Christ’s coming.... ‘And His loins were

girded with the gold of Ophaz’.... With a pure girdle...He was girded.... For the Word was to

bear us all, binding us like a girdles round His body....

"Recognize Him! ‘And His face [w]as lightning, and His eyes as lamps of fire’.... The

fiery and judicial power of the Word should be signified.... He will cause the fire (of His

judgment) to light with justice upon the impious, and consume them.... And His Voice was as

the voice of a great multitude.... There is none that holds...in these things but Michael [Daniel

10:21].... And Who was He that spake, but the Angel Who was given to the people? As He

says in the Law of Moses:...‘My Angel shall go before along with you.’" Exodus 33:1-2.

In his Scholia on Daniel (10:6-13), Hippolytus states: "We who now believe on Him,

declare the words of Christ.... It is to His saints that fear Him and to them alone that He reveals

Himself.... ‘Lo, Michael!’ Who is Michael, but the Angel assigned to the people? As God

says to Moses...‘My Angel shall go with you’" Cf. Exodus 32:34 & 33:2,14 & 40:34-38 with

First Corinthians 10:1-4.

The dominant Pre-Mediaeval view was that the Second Person of the Triune God

Himself is "the Angel of the Lord" mentioned in infallible Holy Scripture. This mainline

traditional view of the Early Church was resurrected by the Protestant Reformation in Calvin

http://www.dr-fnlee.org/docs/witaotl/witaotl.pdf

(and later also by Matthew Henry, Hävernick, Keil, Delitzsch, and Hengstenberg, etc.) .

Think About It

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, according to Paul, Jesus was the "rock that followed" the Hebrews.

Thing is, we get this confusions when people, anyone, tries to go BEYOND what is stated in the bible and in scriptures.

Nowhere is it stated that Jesus was Michael, heck Mike didn't even have a name tell Daniel gave him one while captive in Babylon, as he did with Gabriel.

And Daniel named Michael as ONE of the chief Angels (Prince) not THE Chief prince.

Taking the bible soley we get that Jesus is the son of God, the Word of God, only begotten of God through whick ALL ELSE was created, the exact form of God, etc, etc.

Nowhere do we get that Jesus was an archangel, to get there one must interprt certian verses, ignore others and twist meanings to suit ones fancy and that is wrong.

Man-made doctrine is fine, as long as it is not passed off as anything but just that, man-made doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit