Who really is Michael the Archangel?

by theMadJW 309 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

PSAC:

Well, according to Paul, Jesus was the "rock that followed" the Hebrews.

My reply:

And according to the WT, Michael the archangel was the angel who the Israelites followed in the Exodus.

Exodus 23:20 Here I am sending *an angel* (Jesus according to the WT) ahead of you to keep you on the road and to bring you into the place that I have prepared

Again, the Bible contradicts WT teaching!

• djeggnog
    djeggnog

@Psacramento:

Nowhere is it stated that Jesus was Michael, heck Mike didn't even have a name tell Daniel gave him one while captive in Babylon, as he did with Gabriel. And Daniel named Michael as ONE of the chief Angels (Prince) not THE Chief prince.... Nowhere do we get that Jesus was an archangel, to get there one must interprt certian verses, ignore others and twist meanings to suit ones fancy and that is wrong.

The root of the word "archangel" is "chief" as in Michael was the "chief angel." I just through you might want to know this.

@isaacaustin:

And according to the WT, Michael the archangel was the angel who the Israelites followed in the Exodus.

Exodus 23:20 Here I am sending *an angel* (Jesus according to the WT) ahead of you to keep you on the road and to bring you into the place that I have prepared

Again, the Bible contradicts WT teaching!

How exactly does Exodus 23:20 constitute a contradiction?

@djeggnog

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

There is more than one archangel. There is more than one chief angel. Each nation had it's own chief guardian angel. Michael just happened to be the chief angel over Israel, but Persia and Greece had their own as well. See Dan. 10:13 and 20.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

It's hilarious how pretenders rant about angels- and COMPLETELY ignore what the term means- and how it is used in the Bible.

I'm SHOCKED!

heh

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Still think they are fat, winged babies- as started by your Momma Church?

• Titus
  • theMadJW
    theMadJW

Thanks anyways, Titus- but our Brotherhood has made many mistakes; and their opinions are often absurd- so I focus on scripture.

"Other Sheep" could have been gentiles, future christians- or likely, just other people that had not heard the Good news!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Of course, they also ignore what the terms God,soul, hell, holy spirit, Kingdom and truth mean, as well...

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

In their tiny. little mind, God #2- Jesus speaks with the voice of a fat winged baby....

• designs
    designs

The Satan character found in the 'Antichrist' in NT writings is often seen as resembling the early Hebrew work called 'The Sayings of Rabbi Eliezar', the book of Eliezar is seen as resembling an earlier culture still, the Parees in Iran. The Angel of Temptation here takes on a dualistic role in the play of good and evil. He is not to destroy humans but to test their virtue because they believed virtue is weak without trials. In Eliezar's work Satan is introduced to the Messiah and realizes he and his fellow demons will be cast into Gehinnom. After this event the pious would enter a 'Cloudless Gan Eden' enjoying wine and foods and live in incorruption as they were meant to do in the beginning in Gan Eden.

The Satan character is never resolved in Jewish literature nor the question of why an all powerful God would introduce this antagonist to torture and frustrate human quest for virtue.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit