Who really is Michael the Archangel?

by theMadJW 309 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Some of the early church fathers thought Michael was Jesus Christ .
    Martin Luther thought Jesus and Michael were the same person, Ireanous
    of the 2nd century thought that Jesus was Michael, Justin Martyer thought
    that Jesus was an "angel".
    Dan 12:1-2 shows Michael has authority over the "dead" waking up and in
    John 5:28-29 Jesus has authority over the dead rising.
    In Dan 12:1-2 it talks about 2 classes of dead rising up the good for and the
    bad for judgement just like at John 5:28-29.
    Michael is said to fight the Devil with "his" angels. Jesus is said to come to
    do battle with "his" angels.( Why would the bible say that Michael and "his"
    angels and not Michael and "the" angels if Michael had no authority over them?
    Micahel is called the great "Prince" and Jesus is call the "Prince of Peace".
    ( If Michael was a lesser prince would not the bible somehow distinguish the two ?
    The arguement that Michael refused to rebuke Satan over Moses body in Jude
    'proves' the two cannot be the same has no substance since Jesus told the mother
    that had two sons that sitting on the right hand of God is not for him to decide but
    God's decision.
    Jesus comes to reserrect to dead with an "archangel's" voice: why not a cherub's
    voice or God's voice if Jesus was not an angel?

And that there folks is how the trinity came to being !

Much like the erroneous view of Jesus being Michael can come from taking isolated passages and misapplying them, from the very same methods the Trinity came.

Rule of thumb guys, its ok to play around and make up man-made doctrines and such, heck, its been going on for ages, just don't let it get to your heads, ok?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Hmmmmm! The same method?

Bweahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahaahahah!

From the Supreme Being who is Love...to the Supreme Sadist-Gods....I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

You give Stupid a bad name.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Think About It and designs

Let me get this straight........DD has over 4000+ posts and has never been a JW?

I've never kept that secret.

OK, well... Get this straight, this board isn't just about YOU. You aren't the only victim of this cult. There are plenty of families in my life, family and church, who have been hurt by the WT.

Now there is a disengenuous statement. You who were never a Jehovah's Witness are here because ______________ .

I have family and close friends that still are, or have been, JWs. I also have family involved with other cults. This board provides opportunities to encourage and support the XJWs on this board who are now Christians.

So you don't take Matthew 28:18-20 seriously ?

I take the bible very seriously. To bad you can only think like a JW. Those verses aren't about making "converts". They are about making disciples out of believers.

You are not trying to save sinners and nonbelievers ?

NO! I can't save anyone.

God saves sinners and nonbelievers. Men can't save themselves let alone anyone else.

You believe the Witness beliefs are wrong are yours are either right or better so you debate and argue ?

I defend the Christian faith. You argue!

We, real xJWs, know why we are here......hmmm just curious.

designs, the only reason you seem to be here, is your fear. You are one of the most abusive people I've seen on this board. I guess that's because you were abused, so now you feel the need to abuse others who you don't agree with. The way you follow Stephen, Isaacaustin and others from thread to thread is shameful.

The reason the moderators tolerate it, is beyond me.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Following the WT falsehood, Michael the archangel is also Saul

1 Samuel 10:1 (English Standard Version)

Saul Anointed King

1 Then Samuel took a flask of oil and poured it on his head and kissed him and said, "Has not the LORD anointed you to be prince over his people Israel? And you shall reign over the people of the LORD and you will save them from the hand of their surrounding enemies. And this shall be the sign to you that the LORD has anointed you to be prince over his heritage.

Not forgetting David 2 Samuel 5:1-2 (English Standard Version)
    David Anointed King of Israel

1 Then all the tribes of Israel came to David at Hebron and said, "Behold, we are your bone and flesh. 2 In times past, when Saul was king over us, it was you who led out and brought in Israel. And the LORD said to you, 'You shall be shepherd of my people Israel, and you shall be prince over Israel.'"

Blessings, Stephen
  • designs
    designs

You defend the 'Christian Faith' HA! an abusive and killer version developed over centuries is more like it, what's that called- CULT. Steer clear.

Your daily Public Service announcement

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

In my day

We knew him so

well We Called Him

"MIKE"

No Wait..........................

That was just a dream

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Following the WT falsehood, Michael the archangel is also Saul

You are ridiculous. I checked out some of you guys defenses of the Trinity over the years. You guys are not getting any better. It's still the same old nonsense & rhetoric.

Think About It

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

It really is a shame what the WT did to you. But' you can get meds for paranoia, nowdays.

• designs
    designs

Like I've said I have personally gone to the Evangelical and Fundamentalist Churches over the past 10 years I've been gone from the JWs so I speak from personal experience when I classify your groups as CULTS.

And then there is of course those complete wack jobs like Stephen and Perry who seal the deal..................

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Like I've said I have personally gone to the Evangelical and Fundamentalist Churches over the past 10 years

How many murders did you witness?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit