TRINITY Challenge using ONLY the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures -- Let us debate and reason on the Scriptures about whether God Almighty is a Trinity, or is only One Person.
On another thread, BANE said that we know for a fact immediately that nearly all religions other than Jehovah's Witnesses are FALSE because almost all of them believe in the Trinity. And BANE claims he can "Out-Scripturize" anyone with the help of Jehovah. So here is his chance.
So, I challenged BANE to a debate on the Trinity using only the New World Translation. He has yet to respond. So I am now issuing that challenge to him and ANYONE else who would accept.
Let's do it!
But BEFORE you start debating, PLEASE look at the following list which EXPLAINS exactly what I mean when I say TRINITY:
The historical Trinity Doctrine of the Christian (Protestant and Catholic) churches has always been this:
* There is only One True God by Nature.
* There are Three Distinct Persons who share equally the Nature of God.
* There are NOT three different GODS (that is the false doctrine of Tritheism or Polytheism).
* There is NOT one PERSON who is revealed three different ways (that is the false doctrine of Modalism).
* However, each Person of the Trinity does have His own "role" or "function." The Son willingly obeys the Father. The Spirit willingly obeys the Father and the Son. (This is known as "Functional Subordinationism")
* Each of the Three Persons is called "Jehovah" (or "Yahweh") and "God" in the Bible.
* Jesus IS Jehovah, but He is NOT The Father or The Spirit.
* The Son is the One who died on the Cross, NOT The Father or The Spirit.
* The Father is the One who sent The Son into the world. (Jesus did NOT send Himself)
* The Son was praying to The Father. (Jesus was NOT praying to Himself)
* While Jesus was on earth (and even after He returned to heaven), The Father had a greater position or rank of authority within the Godhead.
* The Father, Son, and Spirit are EQUAL in Nature, Essence, Attributes, Qualities, Power, Knowledge, etc.
* The Father, Son, and Spirit deserve EQUAL worship and praise and prayer from Christians.
* The Son took on flesh, and became 100% Human in addition to being 100% God. That is why He had certain human limitations while He was on earth.