TRINITY Challenge for JW's, Unitarians and Anyone Else

by UnDisfellowshipped 457 Replies latest watchtower bible

• designs
    designs

Really, try promoting Unitarianism as Official Church teaching someday, go to the National Council and put that on the voting dockit................

Same goes for any Protestant group, I used the example of the Presbyterian Church and challenging the Westminster Confession , you'll see how open they are real fast. Protestants generally are not as wacky as Stephen and Perry's Fundamentalism, but open to core doctrinal challenges- not close.

I speak from actual in the church experience, my sister was on the National Episcopalian Council, she quit over certain proposals and is now simply goes to a non-denominational 'House Church'.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Most Episcopal Priests preach Universalism. Our priest does it passionately. He's inclusive. Changing official doctrine may not be easy. But what is practiced in the individual Episcopal churches is not controlled by one central brain. They know my grandson is claiming he's an athiest, they love him anyway. They offer him the peace. They are glad to see him. He's down golfing with them as I type. Not a cult, sorry. Look up the definition of cult and while you're at it, read Those Episkopols.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    National Episcopalian Council, she quit over certain proposals and is now simply goes to a non-denominational 'House Church'.

Too inclusive for her?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Designs,

Let me be the first to apologize on behalf of all Trinitarians for the behavior and actions of those who have treated you wrongly.

Also, I do want to make it clear to everyone that I am NOT promoting ANY church or religious group.

I only want people to study in the Scriptures and THINK for themselves just like the Beroeans did at Acts 17:11.

If you actually study the Bible and you truly do not believe that the Trinity is taught in the Scriptures, then you should not believe it.

If you truly believe that the Bible teaches Unitarianism, then you should believe that.

And I agree that everyone should be open to hearing arguments from the other side, and should be open to discussing the Scriptures and different interpretations of them.

With that being said, when it comes to belief in the Deity of Christ that is a very serious important belief necessary for salvation (according to most churches), so yes you are going to meet a lot of people who will not accept Unitarian beliefs because then they would be at risk of going to Hell for eternity.

• designs
    designs

Universalism is one of the better ideas they adopted. Episcopalians are not in the same class as the Fundamentalists but its still cultish since they hold to Anglican Doctrine of 1799.

XJWs who bounce from the Watchtower to another Religious Group just can't get detached from a Religion mindset.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Designs,

There is a difference between a "religious mindset" and a "cult mindset". wouldn't you agree?

And in addition, there is a difference between a Biblical mindset and a religious mindset.

How do you define "cult"?

How do you define "religious mindset"?

What would be the ideal beliefs that Ex-JW's should have?

Is the atheistic or agnostic worldview the answer?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

To try to get back more on-topic now, here is a question for ALL Jehovah's Witnesses and for ALL who do not believe that Jesus is God:

How do you harmonize the following Scriptures?

Isaiah 43:10 (NWT): Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none.

Isaiah 44:8 (NWT): Does there exist a God besides me? No, there is no Rock. I have recognized none.’”

Deuteronomy 32:39 (NWT): See now that I--I am he And there are no gods together with me.

Compare those with these:

John 1:1 (NWT): In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god.

John 1:18 (NWT): No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom position with the Father is the one that has explained him.

John 20:27-29 (NWT): Next he said to Thomas: “Put your finger here, and see my hands, and take your hand and stick it into my side, and stop being unbelieving but become believing.” In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!” Jesus said to him: “Because you have seen me have you believed? Happy are those who do not see and yet believe.

How many gods exist? One or Two?

• designs
    designs

Undie-

The questions come from a 'religious mindset' at work. Why should I insist on an 'orthodox' other set of rules. Western Christianity progressed and stumbled as any other philosophy does, it helped some and greatly hurt others and why a xJW would be attracked to Western Christianity in its various forms is a fascinating study in its own right.

But like we expereinced as JWs, we couldn't openly disagree and advocate other ideas without censorship. Within the Eastern Orthodox, Western Church of Rome, Protestant, and Fundamentalist framework the same dynamic exists. Try it, go to a Conservative Presbyterian Church and openly advocate rejecting the Westminster Confession and try to be a member in good standing. Interesting experiment.

Quote from a Short Story by unknown author 'she liked smoke filled rooms where ideas fought each other, and where sometimes ideas died.'

• streets76
    streets76

I'm reasonably certain there is no god. I'm three times more reasonably certain there is no Trinity.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/175688/1/God-Morals-and-Atheists

Street, that would be the perfect thread that I started if you would like to discuss more about why you are reasonably certain that God does not exist.

Also, if a Supreme Being did exist, then how could you be three times more certain that He is not a Trinity?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit