TRINITY Challenge for JW's, Unitarians and Anyone Else

by UnDisfellowshipped 457 Replies latest watchtower bible

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

In one of our readings this morning at Holy Trinity Episcopal Church, I came across Colossians 2: 9. Of course the New WorldTranslation has to mess with the translation to water down the meaning. But here are some other translations. I am not one who believes in the trinity, but I must admit, this gives me something to ponder:

9 For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

New International Version (NIV) 9 For in Him all the (A) fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, New American Standard Bible (NASB)

• designs
    designs

The gathering of the Cult of the Trinity keeps on chugging along.

Eastern Orthodox, Western Catholicism, Protestants, Revivalists, fans of Benny Hinn etc. etc..

Cults are Cults they just don't have the honesty to put a little Warning Placard over their houses of worship.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Thank you FlyingHighNow!

And, I recommend that everyone look up Greek Dictionaries/Lexicons for that Greek word rendered "Deity".

Thayer's definition is "The state of being God" if I remember correctly.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I'll just show a few scriptures, which without being in 'interlinear' will show how the current teachings are not in harmony with the bible and there is much confusion over the matter.

The bible itself can clear up the mess with a LOT of faith and study, and if God opens your eyes.

The Song of Moses - important, since it's even mentioned in Revelation

Duet 32:8, 9 - When the Most High gave the nations an inheritance, When he parted the SONS OF ADAM from one another, He proceeded to FIX THE BOUNDARY OF THE PEOPLES WITH REGARD TO THE NUMBER OF THE SONS OF ISRAEL. 9 For JEHOVAH'S SHARE is his people; Jacob is THE ALLOTMENT THAT HE INHERITS.

Amos 5:25 - 25 Was it sacrifices and gift offerings that YOU people brought near to me in the wilderness for forty years, O house of Israel? 26 And YOU will certainly carry Sak′kuth YOUR king and Kai′wan, YOUR images, the star of YOUR god, whom YOU made for yourselves

Acts 7:42 - So God turned and handed them over to render sacred service to the army of heaven, just as it is written in the book of the prophets, ‘It was not to me that YOU offered victims and sacrifices for forty years in the wilderness, was it, O house of Israel? 43 But it was the tent of Mo′loch and the star of the god Re′phan that YOU took up, the figures which YOU made to worship them.

Mark 12:26 - 26 But concerning the dead, that they are raised up, did YOU not read in the book of Moses, in the account about the thornbush, how God said to him, ‘I am the God of Abraham and God of Isaac and God of Jacob’? 27 He is a God, not of the dead, but of the living. YOU are much mistaken.”

Ps 110:1 - 110 The utterance of Jehovah to my Lord is:
    “Sit at my right hand
    Until I place your enemies as a stool for your feet.” (WHO IS DAVID'S LORD?)

There is much more can post, I am not free to say anything really about this subject, I will caution that your first inclinations will change probably AND that you must be "quick to hear, SLOW to speak".

What I posted should just get you to think that what you've been taught may not be even in harmony with the scriptures, and encourage to read and research them.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

designs,

The Watchtower Society is a cult and it hates the Trinity.

How can you blame the Trinity on whether or not a group is a cult?

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I replied to you UNDF, just bumping since we posted same time, and you prob didn't see my reply.

• designs
    designs

Because of the Posters here who promote it..................pretty dam evident.

On my merry way to the place 'worse than Hell'.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I think Designs doesn't understand what a cult is. One reason the Episcopal Church is smaller these days is because they DON'T tell you what to do. They know everyone is on her/his own spiritual journey.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Designs,

What specifically do you see in me, or in other Trinitarian posters here that would make us be cult-like?

Or do you just think all religious beliefs are cult-like?

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

EndofMysteries,

Thank you for posting those Scriptures. I will go over them and let you know what I think later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit