Jehovah correcting the organization

by sabastious 168 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The shunning arrangement doesn't go against freewill so what's the complaint?

Perhaps its because the advise to stay and away from the wicked has been taken too far in the way

the WTS. has constructed this policy. The WTS has built up its own Judaical laws exploited from out of the bible.

The DF policy is a policy of judgment executed through punishment.

Scripturally the advise to stay clear from these ones was so that you do not become wicked as well, is JUST a suggestion of social behavior.

Do you think that the Israelites gathered together to talk of spiritual things and at the same time announce that an individual is being formally

and publicly DF or shunned from the group of followers ? No of course not !

The supposed Kingdom of the WATCHTOWER is a fraud, developed by disingenuous power seekers.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Friggin,

Bless your kind heart. I would like to hope that your kindness touched Alice in some way, we shall see. Please be careful.

Anyhow, regarding shunning in your last post:

I agree. Those examples you used are extreme. I view ones like that as in great pain and needing help. Help that cannot be gotten at a K-Hall. That being said, I'm not completely against excluding certain ones, after they have been given help and there is no remorse or improvement. And yes, an adulterer knows the consequences of their actions.

However, the forgiveness should come alot quicker in the Org. Remember the adulteress that the people wanted to stone? What was Jesus reaction? Do you think he maybe knew something about her situation and what led her there, that the people did not? That's why he said, "Let him without sin cast the first stone." She was forgiven on the spot. We don't know what happened after that, but I bet she took what he said to heart.

Remember the prodigal son? When he returned, broke and broken, did the father shun him further? Did he grant his request to be allowed to live with the animals? Was he put on probation for a year or two before he was allowed back? Did he have to prove himself? No......he was no longer living a debauched life and was accepted lovingly by his father immediately.

My circumstances in life led me to be an adultress, as well. Please don't misunderstand me - I take responsibility for what I did. But I had to understand what led me to that point and how I could make sure that I never let myself sink to that level again. But I also know that to go back, would take a year or more of being treated very badly. And I also know that most would not accept me back anyways.

That level of hatred and unkindness is actually one of the main things that led me to where I was. being disfellowshipped has allowed me the peace and kindness of others that I needed to gain back my relationship with God. But I feel I have that now, not because of disfellowshipping, but in spite of it.

Alice demonstrates that same hatred, unkindness, judgmentalism and criticalness that drove me out from the Witnesses. I likely won't be here much longer either, because Alice's poison is not good for me. This board has helped me immensely up til now. But the spirit of it has changed because of her (and other's) influence. I am only speaking for myself here.

Take care,

Palm

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Bravo, dear PalmTree, bravo.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One episode of Jerry Springer was a man who married a horse. What about then?

Being stupid isn't a sin its fallacy of being human.

Also being psychologically off balance shouldn't be considered a sinful act as well.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I just cant picture it without some structure. How do you feel it should be done?

They must disband, it is only a matter of time. They have chosen to govern their subjects using a I just cant picture it without some structure. How do you feel it should be done?I just cant picture it without some structure. How do you feel it should be done? Totalitarian governmental framework. History has this type of goverment well documented and it has always eventually ended up in some kind of mass rebellion and goverment overtaking.

This will happen to the WT. They will not loosen their grip, in fact they have tightened it of late, so they force a rebellion as the only means of escape.

Once the rebellion, whatever form it takes, becomes too strong they will be forced to disband, however that actually happens.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    palmtree67: My circumstances in life led me to be an adultress, as well. Please don't misunderstand me - I take responsibility for what I did. But I had to understand what led me to that point and how I could make sure that I never let myself sink to that level again.

You hit the nail on the head there. Getting your face rubbed in the pee spot so-to-speak is a very ineffective treatment for questionable moral behaviour. The whole probation period of DF'ing is asinine and doesn't even touch the real issues at hand.

-Sab

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

Don't take this wrong, but I've noticed that not only Alice, but many others here don't seem to be able to parse a question properly so that they know when they've answered it.

Alice has not answered the question.

The question was "Where are the checks and balances?".

From what I've read, the WTBS either acts as if the rank-and-file who have nothing to do with what gets printed in the magazines is at fault when THEY are wrong, or they blame JEHOVAH.

I have never seen them cowboy up and confess when they've screwed up.

(unless you consider the MILLIONS they've paid out to those molested by pedophiles they knew about and did nothing about to be a "confession")

Show me a SINGLE instance in print where they have admitted fault.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

One episode of Jerry Springer was a man who married a horse. What about then?.....AIW

Alice..

How many JW`s do you know of.....That are disfellowshipped for Marrying a Horse ? ..

Not including the people from your congregation..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious
    gubberingbody: Show me a SINGLE instance in print where they have admitted fault.

There are none. Whenever the WT dusts off the blame stick, it's always pointed away from their table. The leaders of the WT, through their writings, come off as some of the most arrogant, audacious people I have ever seen. They are IT, with two capital letters.

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I just want to be clear here:

I don't feel I could have gotten the healing I needed and the relationship with God that I have now, had I remained a Witness.

I needed to get off that hamster wheel of constant activity, guilt and fear in order to figure some things out.

From my experience and from other's I feel the Witnesses actually HINDER people from having a good relationship with God.

Do I agree with everyone's views on this forum? No, but everyone here has made me THINK. And I have the time now to think. When I read the Bible or other spiritual things now, I can do it when I'm at my best, not when I'm trying to cram it in between meetings, service, assemblies, underlining, showing hospitality, housework, a job, etc. I have time to really think and feel.

Alice said that only 5% of this board is quality discussion and only from a couple of posters. Such judgement!! How arrogant to think that just because someone doesn't post on a topic or add their opinion to it, that they don't understand or care about what is being discussed. This is just one example of what i'm talking about - the judgemental, critical and pharisaical attitude that I thought I had left behind. But damn it, here it followed me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit