Jehovah correcting the organization

by sabastious 168 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

FACT: The governing body claims to be the only channel of communication and mediation for all of mankind today.

FACT: At the same time, they claim to be fallible and imperfect.

How do you reconcile these two contradictory statements, Alice?

This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth. 1 Timothy 2:3-7

It clearly states here who the mediator between God and man is. The faithful and discreet slave simply claims to be a teacher of the nations in matters of faith and truth.

• wasblind
    wasblind

And alice,

don't let me start callin' names, cause i got a whole lot of 'em stashed back ready to use.

I'm just trying to be respectful of the house rules. at least most of 'um

• wasblind
    wasblind

well at least you got somethin' right, there's only one mediator between God and men.

and it ain't the Governing Boobies.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    It clearly states here who the mediator between God and man is.

Agreed.

The faithful and discreet slave simply claims to be a teacher of the nations in matters of faith and truth.

Actually, no, Alice.

The Governing Body claims that Jesus is only mediator between the 144,000 and him.

They do not teach that Jesus is everyone's mediator.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The faithful and discreet slave simply claims to be a teacher of the nations in matters of faith and truth.

*** w09 11/15 p. 14 par. 5 Treasure Your Place in the Congregation ***
    5 “The spirit that now operates in the sons of disobedience” is so widespread that it is like the air we breathe. (Eph. 2:2) That spirit can cause us to think that we do not need guidance from Jehovah’s organization. Surely we do not want to be like Diotrephes, who would not ‘receive anything from the apostle John with respect.’ (3 John 9, 10) We need to guard against developing a spirit of independence. By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today. (Num. 16:1-3) On the contrary, we should cherish our privilege to cooperate with the slave class. And should we not strive to be obedient and submissive to those taking the lead in our local congregation?—Read Hebrews 13:7, 17.

Sounds like rather more than teachers to me

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    FACT: The governing body claims to be the only channel of communication and mediation for all of mankind today.
    FACT: At the same time, they claim to be fallible and imperfect.

The GB's Ouiji board doesn't always get a good signal - especially in "Dead Zones" like Mathew 24:34.

Anybody can do what the GB does. Elect yourself as God's only channel for communication, and start making stuff up.

- Lime

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

The GB's Ouiji board doesn't always get a good signal - especially in "Dead Zones" like Mathew 24:34.

Anybody can do what the GB does. Elect yourself as God's only channel for communication, and start making stuff up.

- Lime

I've already stated that the Bible is a unique book, but any organization's flawless analysis of the Bible doesn't make them ordained by God, nor does such an analysis prove that God exists. What Jehovah's Witnesses teach as to the grand theme of the Bible is unique, has a universal appeal and makes perfect sense to honest hearted individuals, but convincing evidence for God doesn't come strictly from something written in a book or by studying nature for evidence of intelligent design. This provides a starting point, but evidence for God comes directly from God himself, not from indirect sources: a book or evidence acquired in the natural world.

The only evidence for this in our time is God's active force. Some religions make claims to this end and this is what one person said about it:

Has matter/energy always existed?

"On the contrary, is any religion able to prove that a soul/spirit exists? You can quote the Bible all you want or claim that you "feel" the energy inside you, but I'll claim that it is just normal brain chemistry combined with mythologies learned through enculturation and socialization."

This is not the case in Jehovah's Organization. It's something a person has to investigate themselves. Some of Jehovah's Witnesses have confirmed the existence of God by coming to an accurate knowledge of truth and have later rebelled.

w94 7/1 p. 11 par. 10 At Which Table Are You Feeding?

As a result, whatever they had developed of the new personality is gone. What motivates them is, not holy spirit, but vitriolic bitterness. They are obsessed with only one aim—beating their former fellow slaves, as Jesus foretold.—Matthew 24:48, 49.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Please simon, let us cut loose on alice, please

i know what we dish out we will also have to take

please simon please.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    As a result, whatever they had developed of the new personality is gone.

"New personality" is bible-speak for "hate your individuality and be who we tell you to be".

What motivates them is, not holy spirit, but vitriolic bitterness.

What motivates me is the open and free pursuit of knowledge, having the freedom to disagree, and pursuing my business and arts. The bible is always so 1-dimensional in portraying humanity.

They are obsessed with only one aim—beating their former fellow slaves,

If I'm obsessed with anything, it's starting my own business - I spend 12+ hours on it per day.

If you feel you are receiving a 'beating', perhaps you are on the wrong side of the argument. If you think people are 'beating you' in a special way just because you disagree - puuuhhleease. Welcome to the Internet. If you're a conservative - you get 'beat'. If you're a liberal - you get 'beat'. If you log-on to a forum - you get beat.

In the real world, there is no noteworthy hate or 'beating' of JW's - not even from apostates (every religion has those). Nobody really cares about JW's. There's all manner of other religions, races, nationalities, and sexual orientations that do receive real hate - but JW's just aren't all that noteworthy.

as Jesus foretold.

Wow. What an amazing prophet. There were religions long before Christianity, and there were those that abandoned their religion long before it as well. That's like me starting my own company and 'foretelling' that not all my customers will be 100% loyal.

- Lime

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

If you think people are 'beating you' in a special way

So unfair. I usually have to pay extra for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit