Jehovah correcting the organization

by sabastious 168 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech
    New Covenant. Jehovah foretold the new covenant by the prophet Jeremiah in the seventh century B.C.E., stating that it would not be like the Law covenant, which Israel broke. (Jer 31:31-34) On the night before his death, Nisan 14, 33 C.E., when he established the celebration of the Lord’s Evening Meal, Jesus Christ announced the new covenant, to be validated by his sacrifice. (Lu 22:20) On the 50th day from his resurrection and 10 days after he had ascended to his Father, he poured out the holy spirit, which he had received from Jehovah, on his disciples gathered in an upper room in Jerusalem.—Ac 2:1-4, 17, 33; 2Co 3:6, 8, 9; Heb 2:3, 4.

The parties to the new covenant are Jehovah, on one side, and “the Israel of God,” the spirit-begotten ones in union with Christ, making up his congregation or body, on the other side. (Heb 8:10; 12:22-24; Ga 6:15, 16; 3:26-28; Ro 2:28, 29) The new covenant is made operative by the shed blood (the sacrifice of the human life) of Jesus Christ, the value of which was presented to Jehovah after Jesus’ ascension to heaven. (Mt 26:28) When one is selected by God for the heavenly calling (Heb 3:1), God brings that one into His covenant over Christ’s sacrifice. (Ps 50:5; Heb 9:14, 15, 26) Jesus Christ is the Mediator of the new covenant (Heb 8:6; 9:15) and is the primary Seed of Abraham. (Ga 3:16) By means of Jesus’ mediatorship of the new covenant, he assists those in the covenant to become part of the real seed of Abraham (Heb 2:16; Ga 3:29) through forgiveness of their sins. Jehovah declares them righteous.—Ro 5:1, 2; 8:33; Heb 10:16, 17.

What kind of distinct separation of powers, to prevent the abuse of power existed amongst the first century Christians that is any different than what exists in Jehovah's Organazation in our time? There are checks and balances throughout Jehovah's Organization although the Governing Body has very little power because like the first century Christians, they don't ally themselves with the secular authorities nor does anyone in Bethal receive any more money than anyone else of ever use money that goes into the organization to purchase luxury items.

If one of the members of the Governing Body was to go astray as did Ray Franz it's exposed and visible for everyone to see.

The “faithful and discreet slave class” doesn't make the papal claim of infallibility. Where have they overstepped their God-given boundaries or authorities?

“By word or action, may we never challenge the channel of communication that Jehovah is using today” means moving in the direction of rebellion, not addressing any questions or doubts a person may have. This is admonition, not an invasion of free-will. Rebelling against God's visible organization is in effect rebelling against God because no other organization teaches the truth about God and his purposes. In reality, a person is free to do anything they want as you obviously have.

WT law claims that we have to keep all the "principles" from the law!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I'd like to respond to Alice's claim that the GB do not claim infallibility. Yes, they do, in fact. They say they don't, but they make a distinction without a difference. Read the 9/15/2010 Study issue of the WT. They say that they do not teach Mens thoughts, but Gods. They also say that by following them, we are in fact following Jesus Christ.

So YES, if they are teaching God's thoughts and by following them we are following Jesus, then they MUST be claiming infallibility.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

brotherdan: (Nice to finally meet you, BTW)

The GB claim BOTH things. On the one hand, they say they are fallible, imperfect. On the other hand, they say they are the only ones teaching truth and speaking directly for God.

Alice ( and ones like her ) are not able to compute those two conflicting claims. They cannot explain how the two claims make any sense, so they ignore the controversy. That's why we will never get an answer from Alice that isn't miles of copy-and-paste gobbledygook that does nothing but divert from the question.

I don't think she's trying to divert US from the topic. She's trying to divert HERSELF from having to confront an obvious discrepancy.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Did I actually hear you say the Governing Body has very little power? They have the final say. They say jump and you are compelled to say "how high."

That's so not true, Sab. You're actually compelled to jump as high as you can as often as you can and then feel guilty for not being able to jump like Michael Jordan when he was 25.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

brotherdan, and palmtree: the GB want scapegoats........... that's why they doublespeak....... all JW learn to doublespeak by repeating the GB's gobblygook!

good find, and way to put it!

• wasblind
    wasblind

"I'd like to respond to Alice's claim that the GB do not claim infallibility.

if they are teaching God's thoughts and by following them we are following Jesus, then they MUST be claiming infallibility."

You go Brotherdan, keep tellin' it like it is.

• wasblind
    wasblind

"The GB claim BOTH things. On the one hand, they say they are fallible, imperfect. On the other hand, they say they are the only ones teaching truth and speaking directly for God."

Hey palmtree,

i hope you don't mind but i am gonna use this because i am suppose to have a return visit , i have to be careful though, cause i have to treat this like delicate surgery.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

je p. 26 Shepherding God’s Flock in Unity

The Governing Body consists of a group of anointed Christian men (13 in 1986), including 7 serving on the board of directors of the Watch Tower Society. These preside over the worldwide activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses. They are not inspired by God and hence are not infallible, but they rely on God’s infallible Word as the highest authority on earth, and have a lifetime of experience in submitting to God’s will. Each has a record of more than 40 years in the full-time ministry with Jehovah’s Witnesses.

Must you ppl become a lying sac of car parts to make whatever your case is? If you disagree with Bible teachings, nuff said. I would just leave at that. Creating fiction isn't going to help.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Must you ppl become a lying sac of car parts to make whatever your case is? If you disagree with Bible teachings, nuff said. I would just leave at that. Creating fiction isn't going to help

Resorting to name-calling doesn't help you make your case.

And who said anything about not agreeing with Bible teachings?

You still haven't addressed the quote in the initial post, nor answered the question from the initial post.

FACT: The governing body claims to be the only channel of communication and mediation for all of mankind today.

FACT: At the same time, they claim to be fallible and imperfect.

How do you reconcile these two contradictory statements, Alice?

If it's too frightening or uncomfortable for you to ponder on, then just say so.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Brotherdan qoute:

" Read the 9/15/2010 Study issue of the WT. They say that they do not teach Mens thoughts, but Gods. They also say that by following them, we are in fact following Jesus Christ."

Alice are you saying that brotherdans quote is not true? you say:

" They are not inspired by God and hence are not infallible, but they rely on God’s infallible Word as the highest authority on earth "

Alice has anyone ever told you that being anointed with holy spirit, cannot be separated from inspiration, they claim to be of the anointed

don't they? where is their inspiration?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit