Jehovah correcting the organization

by sabastious 168 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Alice, why do you think there is so much hostility towards the Organization on this website? (an in turn you). Because of the shunning arrangment! Nothing more, nothing less.

If that arrangement didn't exist the hostilities of ex members would almost completely fade away.

These people are in a rock and a hard place, because they refuse to accept something that they don't believe, plain and simple. No one can blame anyone on this planet for following their conscience, no one. But yet they are, and they called weak, feeble, blind and to quote you: disgusting.

The WT exiles these people, drags their good names through the dirt, and the has the audacity to categorize them as persecuters when they have something negative to say about it.

I have gotten my answer to my first question. The answer is that you are not here to answer anything youself, but only to blindly defend Watchtower Doctrine and Policy.

Farewell, I'm tired of responding you.

-Sab"

If you push counter doctrines in any Church, Cathedral, Synagogue, Mosque; there may not be a formal discharge but you'll be systematically pushed out the door. Go to a Catholic Church and try and promote orthodox Judaism, tell them Jesus was a false prophet and watch what happens. That's why these buildings are not on the service territory in Jehovah's Witnesses ministry. There's a time and a place for everything and that's not the place to press counter beliefs. Why would anyone who consecutively breaks God's law want to hang with people who don't break God's laws? The shunning arrangement doesn't go against freewill so what's the complaint?

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

I read through this again and had to comment.

-all this does is enforce in my mind how disgusting someone's personality has become since they left the truth

Disgusting is a relative word. You need to read Jesus a little more. Was he disgusted with the lepers, prostitues, criminals, pharacies and sadduces? As soon as you turn up your nose in disgust you cant see the human that is your brother in front of you. Ive heard it said "let nothing be too disgusting or too beautiful". See things as is, without judgement. You cannot read hearts and that talk is just the very thing that might push a fence sitter over the edge to satan. Why loose your spot in the book of life for silly pride?

-It's not like them leaving has done any good for their inner self

How do you know this? Even if you tracked down every post I have made on here you still dont know me. How did you get the power to read our inner self? I thought only God can do that. You are angry. Why? Youre welcome to PM me and we can talk. Mabey I can help you with your anger. I would probably be mad if someone was attacking the only thing that ever was good for me in this life. Is that the case?

-You say this like you're bestowing some sort of privilege on me

Again with the hostility. Basically this reads "WHO THE F*CK ARE YOU!" I will do anything I can to help you release your anger. This makes me hurt for you.

-Different here would mean not sinking to the low sink of debauchery that others do and avoid lying and attacks as a substitute for productive discussion.

Now I agree with this. Only problem is you directed it at me. I started out the post by telling you I dont want to attack. So why did I get the brunt of your wrath?

As I said, I am a man of God. When I say something please believe it's from the heart. I'll tell you something you probably never hear at the hall.

I Love you my sister! I feel your pain and anger. I am here for your service and hope you get to a place where you can be free and happy. Anything I can do please ask. You are special. You come from a race of spirits that live in meat bodies. You are like an angel that can interact with this world physically. Its all for you. Go outside tonight. Look at the stars and take this planet for a ride.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If you push counter doctrines in any Church, Cathedral, Synagogue, Mosque; there may not be a formal discharge but you'll be systematically pushed out the door. Go to a Catholic Church and try and promote orthodox Judaism, tell them Jesus was a false prophet and watch what happens. That's why these buildings are not on the service territory in Jehovah's Witnesses ministry. There's a time and a place for everything and that's not the place to press counter beliefs. Why would anyone who consecutively breaks God's law want to hang with people who don't break God's laws? The shunning arrangement doesn't go against freewill so what's the complaint?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgof8Z3CQvE

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

-Sab...Why do so many on here have a problem with shunning. If someone strung out on crack and will steal from the donation box or hurt someone why not kick them out? If someone is cheating on his wife and its an open problem why not? If a person is disruptive in any way to the good order of the KH then they should be removed. But I do think there is a better way of going about it. More loving. And forgiving.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Friggin,

If you shun someone you are judging them, something Christ forbade.

It's a slippery slope tho because like you said there are reasons to make a decision to stop contact with someone because of a danger to you or your family. But who's responsibility is it to make that decision?

It is up to the sole individual, and it is out of place for anyone to force you to make such a decision, by any means.

The number of Witnesses who would not follow the DF'ing arrangement to a tee if it were not "the WT law" is staggering. The fact that so many exist is evidence that there is some emotional blackmail going on.

-Sab

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"If you shun someone you are judging them, something Christ forbade."

One episode of Jerry Springer was a man who married a horse. What about then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VnQRoDjDNY

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

Hey Alice...Are you going to answer my questions?

Sab- I get what your saying. I think the best thing is to limit disfellowshiping to things that directly harm the local flock. I do see alot of blackmailing. I feel the whole org needs a good washing from the top down. Tottally clean house. Wish it could be as easy as volonteering for the job. I would do it.

• sabastious
    sabastious

You are clueless Alice, did you even read my last post?

It is up to the sole individual, and it is out of place for anyone to force you to make such a decision, by any means.

Maybe bolding will help this time?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think the best thing is to limit disfellowshiping to things that directly harm the local flock.

That's the age old catch 22 though. Who has the credentials to choose who is and who is not harming the flock? No man our group or men have ever been able to make these decisions, without serious side effects or just outright corruption.

Outside of no brainers like murder and the like, which gets you in prison, it has not been done.

-Sab

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

sabastious ... OK. Ill play your way. As I see it there are only 2 choices.

1. Stop difellowshipping and let everyone do whatever they want as long as its not illegal.

This will create chaos. No work would ever get done trying to appease the different personalities.

2. Completley dissmember the WT. Close the doors and turn it into a movement. Something to be worked on by individuals.

This has no order to it and would probably sect off to new religions.

I just cant picture it without some structure. How do you feel it should be done?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit