Who really is the FDS?!?!?!?!?

by LDH 99 Replies latest jw friends

• amicus
    amicus

waiting,
    You touched on one of the reasons I am sitting here reading this thread, rather than underlining answers in a Watchtower. This never made sense to me.
    I heard a new spin put on this subject by a couple of Baptists the other day. They think everyone (who accepts Christ) is going to heaven when they die. Even the Idi Amin's of the world. Idi Amin will be sweeping streets, though, while the good people will get better jobs. I ain't buying it, but it's a much more pleasant thought.

• trevor
    trevor

Hello everbody,

Some Bibles render this as 'the wise and trusted servant.'
    Have the WT Society been wise with a hundred years of speculation behind them? Can they be trusted?

The Bible says that the master would appoint the servant or slave when he returned. As the Witnesses believe Christ has returned the servant or slaves commision should be over. In any case it all depends what you want to read into it - perhaps Jesus was refering only to those he spoke to at that time or maybe Jesus as a man was himself that servant. And does it really matter in 2001!

trevor

• caretaker
    caretaker

Hello stuggle. Thanks for saying hi. I dont have much time to chat now but will get back to you later. thanks again, Jeffery.

• caretaker
    caretaker

Thank you all who replied to my meesage. I know many of you have had simmilar situations. I guess all we can do is showw our love to the loved ones in our lives who are stuck in thier present belief system. My dear daughter has been raised in the j.w. religion by her mother since she was born. She was in tears when she told me about my not being in the wedding. I held her hand and told her it was o.k. I'll just come and take some pictures i said. I feel that this is an opprotunity to express unconditional love, perhaps it will help her to understand what it is. She is a wonderfull, sensetive young women. I hope somday she will understand that we are all a part of creation, the universe, that the creative force is in us all, not just some. Again, thank you, I will talk to you again, Love and peace, Jeffery.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Jeffrey,

My daughter is df'd, some years ago. She is marrying in the fall. My husband & I and our 2 sons will be there (none of us remain in the organization.) My husband & I are inactive. None of the rest of the family will come, I'm quite sure.

We will be four among the 200 on the "other side" of the family & friends.

I'm sorry for your family problems. It's not easy for anybody, in or out of the organization. The damnation of the situation is that it does not have to be such a cruel situation if only.......

I know, if only pigs could fly. The WTBTS still stands and is getting even more rigid against family talking to non-active, df'd or da'd family members.

I'm so sorry for your problems. Perhaps because of your kindness shown towards your daughter, she'll remember her love for you over her obedience to an organization some day. She'll certainly remember the love you've shown to her.

waiting

• caretaker
    caretaker

Thank you all for your kind messages. I must go now, a busy day ahead. Love and happyness to you all, I'll talk to you again. Jeffery

• neyank
    neyank

The question is Who really is the FDS?
    Well what is the FDS supposed to be doing at the time of Jesus' inspection?
    Feeding His sheep spiritual food.
    Would this be bad or faulty food?
    Would it be food that had to constantly be changed?
    Would the real FDS have to keep changing their teaching saying it's "new light"?
    New light adds to old light it doesn't replace it.

Wouldn't the true FDS know when Jesus came?
    Gods Word says all eyes shall see Him.
    Would the FDS be found beating their sheep if the sheep had questions?
    Wouldn't the real FDS have Gods backing?
    And wouldn't the FDS have love for their sheep and not mistreat them?

So far,If there is a FDS he or it has not made an apearence yet.
    Every religious orginization out there can claim to be the FDS.
    But as Jesus said of His true followers,By their fruits you will know them.
    What are the fruits of the group that calls themselves the FDS?
    Have they made false date predictions?
    Have they made major mistakes in their teachings?
    Have they made themselves the mediator between us and God after Jesus said No one comes to the Father except thru me?
    Have they said Gods Word was written for them and not for us?
    Even the WTS says that Jesus taught in parables.Is the teaching of the FDS a parable?
    One thing we do know, If the FDS is a real entity, he or it is not here yet.
    What do you think?
    neyank

• joel
    joel

neyank,

You asked..."What do you think"

Well...what I think is...I agree with your takes...

particularly the one about...would the FDS be beating the sheep for asking questions...questions that would have saved some of their lives...as it turned out.

Good stuff yank!

Pax,
    joel

• larc
    larc

I think the WT should have a new slogan regarding the sheep. "The flogging will continue until morale improves."

• joel
    joel

LOL larc

Pax,
    joel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit