Who really is the FDS?!?!?!?!?

by LDH 99 Replies latest jw friends

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

LDH

Good questions! You know the WTBTS-
    they had to lay some claim for this long line of the FDS - so they came up with
    all of these other groups and could at least justify their inclusion in the long line because all of these groups
    were anti-catholic, etc.

But they surely wouldn't approve anyone belonging to them today - notice their qualifying phrases -light getting brighter and brighter - meat in due season. I can't think of any better way to explain it except it's akin to the earlier groups providing, say, the appetizer, the next the soup, the next the salad, until it gets down to the WTBTS - they proclaim to give you the meat in due season plus all the above and desert. In otherwords, a full-course meal.

And you know, if you were associated with the Bible Students today - they would consider you an "evil slave."
    Something the almighty Rutherford came up with when he was wresting for control of the organization. (Right,
    RR?) Actually there is still a group of Lollards somewhere in Europe - but I don't know if they claim to stem from the original group.)
    of the organization. (Right, RR?)
    This is just my opinion, and only that, to your intriguing questions.

• larc
    larc

JT,

I have appreciated all of your writings to us, and I was especially drawn to your last one about organized religion and the fear they use to keep people in line.

They may not say these two statements on the same Sunday. They may separate them them by a week or two, but the basic message is: "God loves you and it you don't believe it he's going to kill you."

I am supposed to made in God's image. That's not the kind of message I would send to my children.

• RR
    RR

Actually, there is a group in Europe who call themselves "jehovah's Witnesses" but they are not affiliated with the Watchtower, having broken away from the Society shortly after the death of Rutherford for what they say is apostasy.

Funny, they look, act and study just like the Jehovah's Witnesses. They accept ONLY Rutherford's writings.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• larc
    larc

RR,

I am curious as to your opinion of my thoughts that are just above yours.

• JT
    JT

"God loves you and it you don't believe it he's going to kill you."
    ###########

IT IS funny that you make this statement for this is the up against the wall statement that you can push almost any belief system up to the wall on

i know cause i have done it so many times just to make the point that
    if i don't accept your belief system "I die right" smile

from christian to muslium and almost the whole deck of cards

you always end up in the 9th Ending back to your statement above

how sad

JT

• thinker
    thinker

I believe larc has it right. The story about the FDS is an illustration, nothing more. In Matt. 24:36 and Matt. 24:42 Jesus clearly states that no man will know when the Lord is coming. Then you read about the FDS in Matt. 24:45-51. Jesus then follows up with the MAIN point (no one will know the day and hour of the Lords return) in Matt. 25:13.
    The WTBTS has completely twisted the verses to give them authority over others (more like the illustration of the evil slave IMHO).
    THE MAIN POINT: NO MAN WILL KNOW, NOT ANGELS OF HEAVEN, NOT JESUS. ONLY THE FATHER (Matt. 24:36).
    For the Society to take a small part of this chapter and start saying they know when the Lord will return is completely opposite of what Jesus was try to teach!

thinker

• RR
    RR
    "God loves you and if you don't believe it he's going to kill you."

I would agree that that seems to be the motto of many of the Churches today, including the Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Society teaches that if you don't become a JW, you will perish, the Churches teach that if you don't become a Christian you will burn in hell.

So both teach a fear tactic.

Interestingly, C.T. Russell did not teach either, as he believed that EVERYONE will be resurrected and have another opportunity to learn the truth, that is what the Kingdom was for, an educational 100 year reign. In the end, of course, those who do not conform after having been enlightening, will be non existent.

This is the view I take.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• JT
    JT

"Charles Taze Russell was "that faithful and wise slave." 'nuff said!"

"In the end, of course, those who do not conform after having been enlightening"

RR

Knowingly or Unknowingly you have clearly demostrated for all to see my point, and for that i can only thank you

as i had indicated the common thread that almost all belief systems share is the concept that "THEY GOT THE HOOKUP WITH GOD and you don't"

As mentioned in some belief systems folks are very Dogmatic as we can see above, while others don't want to make too much noise-

now let's take a look at his post without the "Spin Control" and cut to the chase:

"In the end, of course, those who do not conform after having been enlightening"

"In the end" in the end of "WHAT"

- i can only assume and correct me if i'm wrong,

you are refering to the end of ones life thru death , but then you state

"OF COURSE" of course what??

now this part of his post drives home my point:

"THOSE WHO DO NOT CONFORM" aka "resistence is futile"

Conform to "WHAT?"

Billy Bob's explanation of the bible, or Annie Mae's or perhaps Russell? conform to whose explanation is where your problem starts.

they all represent someones opinion or best guess= which in and of itself is not bad

in fact i have often stated from the very first day i started posting that Russell was on the Money on many dogmas

in fact he and the wt would have been fine if and ONLY IF they had stayed with bible commentary

when they were merely students of the word and sharing thier research with folks -- they were fine

the problem kicked in when Russell decided to accept that others like yourself started to say:

Russell is the fulfullment of some bible prophecy matt 24:45/47

in other words some 2000yrs ago when matt was being recorded it was being written with russell in mind ---YEA RIGHT

as long as men such as him remain just student of the word they were fine , but when they allowed others and themselves to accept some "MANTLE" FROM That point forward they got into trouble and how sad

but back to your post-- now this is the best part here:

"AFTER HAVING BEEN ENLIGHTENING"

these are all CODE WORDS much like many of us saw in wt

"Mature Christians would do so and so"
    "Spirtual Minded Youth would so and so"
    " Those who have deep love for Jah consider Pioneering before a worldly career..."

so all he has done is exchanged one phrase for another

now if that is what a person wants to believe and follow-- COOL

BUT THE problem is always the same
    "My ICE (aka religion/faith/belief system) is COLDER than yours"

as i stated before-- the end is always the same

"If you don't follow my belief system you will get the SHAFT in the end"

some folks like our friend here- RR just uses different words-- same meaning

just my 2

JT

• ianao
    ianao

JT, you and I are on a similar wavelength. I'm glad to see that someone else is as crazy as I am.

-ianao

• waiting
    waiting

Hey RR,
    I've been following this thread, when I can understand it. Very interesting.

The Society teaches that if you don't become a JW, you will perish, the Churches teach that if you don't become a Christian you will burn in hell. - RR

One point that is always eluded to, but not quite mentioned is how this perishing and burning will be accomplished. Do people do this killing or eternal burning to each other? No, the God who we love and who loves us is doing/will do all the killing or burnings.

So both teach a fear tactic. - RR

True, but the WTBTS takes this fear a little more down the path of uniqueness. If the person who is killed by Jehovah at Armageddon has children under the age of understanding - the WTBTS teaches that Jehovah will kill their children also. No hope for a resurrection for either parents or their innocent children for eternity. JW's are taught that Armageddon is "God's Righteous War."

In the end, of course, those who do not conform after having been enlightening, will be non existent. - RR

Non-existence for a jw is a real threat. To "not be written in the Book of Life" is drilled into our heads for decades. And, btw, if a person is "existent" and then becomes "non-existent" - how does that happen? From life to no life. An inference could be easily made that Jehovah, again, will do the killing.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit