Who really is the FDS?!?!?!?!?

by LDH 99 Replies latest jw friends

• caretaker
    caretaker

I believe that god is love. With that in mind i want to say that i was a J.W. for 15 years. I Dont remember to much unconditional love being expressed. There was alot of judgement of others,even among each other. I dont have the time to get into a lengthy disscusion about it. My daughter is getting married in May, She told me i will not be giving her away, or that most people there wont talk to me since i am no longer a jehovahs witness. If this is love, understaning, and compassion, then I am stunned. I work at a nursing home where people take care of other people, no matter what beliefes they have. Some of the residents there have been jehovahs witness. I did not refuse to care for them because of there faith, because i loved them. I am sad,and stunned that i cannot be more involved in my daughters life, simply because we have different beliefes. I must go now. I hope that all who read this are at peace,and are happy. I will communicate again with you. Love Jeffery Holte

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Hello caretaker

Thank you for your post - stunned, hurt, confused - we surely do understand. Come back and join us when you have more time.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Dear Thinker and Thinker's Wife

I do not know how I missed your above post! How truly generous of you to offer - I've got a big lump in my throat at this very moment. I know I would love to visit - perhaps in the spring -- To meet you would be wonderful. Thank you, thank you.
    T.W. Everythings fluttering^^^^^^^^^!!

• STRUGGLE
    STRUGGLE

Hello Caretaker and welcome.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Caretaker,

Nice to meet you. I'm sorry your daughter is treating you so lowly. Some persons are like that, they use the teachings of the WTBTS, The Truth, as a weapon to keep others in line, and they think they're justified. Most of us have family of the same outlook.

It works sometimes - but for the wrong reasons. Sometimes you can get people to obey out of pain, lonliness, sorrow. But Jesus taught differently - he taught the commandment of love.

I hope you come back and visit. Just talking helps a lot.

waiting

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Caretaker, I'm so sorry you've been treated in such a horrible manner. When will they ever learn that the conditional love they show is one of the main reasons that people leave and never go back.

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome Caretaker,
    It made me so very sad to hear about how your daughter treats you. Please stay around and continue posting. You will find many of us here are in the same boat as you. While it does not fix the problem, it helps to know there are others going through the same thing.
    Feel free to say anything you need to.
    TW

• JT
    JT

JT, are you saying then that the early Christians did not get together periodically for study of God's Word, I think the scriptures tell us differently

no i am not, but then again it depends on how one views the "Scriptures"

i assume and perhaps wrongly, correct me if i'm wrong- but you personally look to the "Scriptures" for your life's directions

which is fine with me- but all persons do not-

personally i see very little difference in most belief systems- christian, muslium,etc

some are more high control than others perhaps but they all for the most part share the same common thread

"We got the Hookup with god over here and you don't"

is the basic line of reasoning you will find in most

i have always enjoyed the old

"just different roads to god" routine that is used by those who prefer not to be TOO Dogmatic in thier stance while most others are VERY DOGMATIC

"IF you AIN'T with us you die, burn ,go to he!!, etc"

they always got somewhere bad for the folks to go, who don't buy thier Brand of Religion

this is what you will always notice in almost all belief systems

most belief systems have historically used some form of "FEAR" to keep folks in line and i will agree with you on this

it has worked very well from the begining of time i guess.

just my thought on organized religion in general

you will always find in most faith some dude or dudes who are in charge and folks who are willing to follow even if it is Goofy

religion will often times mix some very outstanding qualities such as kindness, helping out the poor which are excellent things for any person to do, then they sprinkle in some Goofy stuff and most folks are taken in by the nice parts and close their eyes to the bad parts

but if it helps you and others get thru your day, cope with lifes challenges all good and well

just my 2

JT

• joel
    joel

Venice,

Thanx for your posts all the quotes. As the WTBTS has admitted to in the past....Anyone who is doing God's will...is a"Faithful and Discreet Slave"
    Between Jesus' day and now...anyone has the choice to be a FDS or an "evil slave for that matter.

Thanx again

Pax, joel

• LDH
    LDH

Are we to believe that it would be wrong to 'be' one of those other religions?

More importantly, if there were already religions out there that represented the FDS, why didn't Russel or Rutherford just follow those religions?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit