Who really is the FDS?!?!?!?!?

by LDH 99 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

RR,

First of all, I don't accept your premise that the story applies to anything. It's a story to learn from and that is all it is.

Now, you say it applies to someone helping others. The story doesn't say that. It talks about serving their master, not other people.

• thinker
    thinker

Larc,
    That was my old thinking. I don't think there is a F&DS class either. Don't think God would work that way. Just mentioning how I used to feel.
    And if there is one it certainly isn't found in the GB or annoited class such as the WTBTS teaches.
    Thinkers Wife

• RR
    RR

Larc:

Now, you say it applies to someone helping others. The story doesn't say that. It talks about serving their master, not other people.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinions, however the scripture clearly states:

"Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his master made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant whom his master, when he comes, will find so doing. Assuredly, I say to you that he will make him ruler over all his goods."

Perhaps you can explain to me the following:

1. Who is the "servant"?
    2. What is the "household"?
    3. What is "meat in due season"?
    4. Who is the "master"?
    5. What are the "goods" spoken of?

Yes, you are right, the servant was serving the Master, but I ask you, in what capacity? The Servant was dispensing "meat in due season"? What meat? In what season? Who was it dispensing it to? The household, well then who or what is the household?

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• larc
    larc

RR<

After rereading the story, I would say that both the good and bad slave had a management job working for a rich man. None of your other questions can be answered because the story doesnt't give that information.

• RR
    RR

enuff said!

• larc
    larc

RR,

I think we have agreed to disagree, and it's nice to communicate at a place like this where that is possible.

• LDH
    LDH

Really great to see people using their brains....Even if there's smoke pouring out of their ears...LOL

• RR
    RR

No smoke pouring out of my ears ... lol ... besides my motto IS "agree to disagree."

• larc
    larc

RR,

As they say in the 'hood, peace bro'.

• MPBeard
    MPBeard

Examining the account of Jonah going to Ninevah tells us that the prophecy was not false. The purpose of any discipline given by Jehovah is to cause a change of heart. 1Timothy 2:3,4 which states, "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth." It is obvious from the conduct of that city prior to this time reveals that she (ninevah) did not think they were so bad. So the message delivered by Johan with Jehovah's direction had to be stiff to get their attention. Just like some instances with children require a different tactic to get different one's attention.

Ninevah definately had a change of heart. It would have been out of character of the true God Jehovah not to react accordingly to their true repentance.

Wouldn't we hope he would do the same for us. Perhaps after he reads these statements he may feel you do not appreciate his spirit anointed FDS and like Miriam question his wise direction in useing imperfect men like Moses and today the FDS to give direction to his people. Grieving Jehovah's Holy Spirit as did Miriam could lead to disasterous consequences.

It is only natural that we all want an end to this system of things. Satan plays on that natural desire to work on our own impatience and imperfection to erode our trust and loyalty to Jehovah. After all that is what Satan did.

Please, be patient as in every case previous to this, clarification will come. But in Jehovah's time and direction not our own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit