Who really is the FDS?!?!?!?!?

by LDH 99 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

Perhaps not a change of mind, Lisa, but certainly backpedalling in the exchange between Jehovah and Abraham concerning Sodom.. . . . . . . Similarities here in trying to decide if communities were worthy of preservation. . . . . Of course, in modern times the FDS is allegedly "all of the anointed on the earth at any point in time." My question would relate to how much actual participation there is by these "anointed ones" in any matters, prophetic, doctrinal or organizational. My anointed grandfather on my mother's side and great-aunt on my father's side knew nothing in advance of anyone else organizationally. So their actual function as part of the FDS was largely fictictious or symbolic.

TMS

• Venice
    Venice

If they are annionted and recieve holy sprit on their descions why does the GB need a 2/3 vote to get something passed. Wouldn't they all be getting the same 'spirit'.

Questions that make you go hmmmmmm?

Venice

• larc
    larc

Venice,

I like your first answer the best. There is no such thing as an FDS.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

However, I think we should rethink the "wise virgins" class. After all, a matriarchal society has been....and could be again....a wonderful thing.

• Venice
    Venice

Just look at Hawaii!!! ALOHA!!

Venice

• larc
    larc

RHW,

Did you ever notice that in the Patriarchal Pagan religions they sacrificed virgins, but the temple prostitutes were OK? I can just see this pagan priest at the local bar. A woman turns him down and he reminds of the sacrifice coming up that weekend.

Now, that will give you something to chew on.

• OrangeVale Bob
    OrangeVale Bob

I think the scripture refering to the FDS should be taken in context. Jesus was using illustrations to indicate how to identify the time of his coming and the way Christians should be behaving.
    The society states that commentators believe that the "FDS" seemed to be refering to responsible ones in the Christian congregation. I can accept this.
    From here they take a big step, and using scriptures found elsewhere and reasoning that I do not find very convincing, they present the concept of the "class" we are discussing here. The only way I can be convinced of the argument that they present in "Insight on the Scriptures- Faithful and Discreet Slave" (I do not have access to any other WTBTS publications discussing this) is to believe that they are interpreting scripture under Divine Inspiration. In which case I would have to discard logic and accept their position on faith alone.
    I lean toward that which I can understand. So, I guess I lean toward Venice's viewpoint. There is no class as such, and perhaps we haven't yet reached the time period he was describing.

• TR
    TR

Jehovah, Jesus, and the Angels are probably standing around the water cooler at the office snickering and making jokes about the WTS.

Jehovah: Yo Jesus! Did ya hear the one about the F&DS?!

Jesus: Yeah, that fricken WTS thinks that they have our blessing! Those old farts! If they'd pull their heads out long enough, they'd realize they're a laughing stock to the whole "world"!

Jehovah: Man, that Fred Franz, he really had 'em going with that 1975 stuff!lol!

Jesus: What about the "Judge"! What a freakin' dork!

Angels: lolololololol!!!!!

Jesus: When in the hell, ah, no offense Satan, are they gunna realize how utterly foolish they look?!

Satan: Uh, no offense taken, Jesus.

Jehovah: That ol' P.T. Barnum, he really took those words outta my mouth!

Jesus: Dude! you are sooo right!

Jehovah: Hey everyone! Check this out! The WTS thinks we control them! lol!

Jesus: Naw, they just say that so they can bilk millions of dollars from the flock.

Jehovah: Hey Satan! You know anything about this WTS?

Satan: Who, moi!??

Jesus: Oh come on now, Satan, You've GOT to have something to do with this!

Jehovah: Yeah, you old prankster! I see your signature all over this WTS fiasco!

Satan: OK, OK! I'll take credit where credit is due. You got me, guys.

Jesus: Hey dudes, let's go get a beer after work.

All present: Sounds good!

Satan: I'll be late. Got more inspirin' to do!

Jehovah & Jesus: lololololol!!!! See ya later!

TR

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Like has been mentioned here the FDS is but ONE of many parables. It has isolated and then applied to a human entity here on the earth. The very definition given to it by the WTBS falls apart upon close scrutiny. The WTBS says it is the remnant living here on earth at any given time that comprises the FDS. It is the WTBS' contention that the Jehovah's holy spirit comes through these anointed ones here on earth and is the means by which they feed and are fed.
    If that is the case why is it that none of the anointed know anything at all until they read it in the Watchtower like the rest of us? Why is it that only the GB can make policy and interpret Scripture? Where is that provided for in the parable? Where in the parable is the provision for the 'other sheep' to be fed by this slave? Where in the parable are the os even mentioned?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• larc
    larc

I think that all the "If, then" arguements are effective at poking holes in the FDS theory, but I like Venice's simple, but elegant solution better. There ain't no such thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit