Who really is the FDS?!?!?!?!?

by LDH 99 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Yes it is an illustration. Yet, none of us doubt the application of scripture that refers to a wicked slave class; logically then there would be a counter-application of the faithful class.

Jesus frequently asked and answered his own questions.

"How then, should we pray? You should pray this way..."
    "Which one among you is without sin? Let him cast the first stone."
    "Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom the master has appointed...?"

No, the application here is very real. In the illustration, though, it wasn't until the master returned that the identity of the FDS was revealed. "But," someone might say, "Wouldn't you be able to identify the wicked slave class by their actions? and the FDS by their actions?" You'd think so, huh? But the FDS didn't get recognized or rewarded until the return of the Master.

The question here, is has a group of almost exclusively white, elderly white men, set themselves up as the leaders of the FDS? And, is a GB necessary when there is an entire class of 144,000 who speak on Jesus behalf?

Have you ever read some of those life experiences of the annointed? They feel an almost wierd call to devote their ENTIRE lives to preaching the Gospel. I can tell ya, that ain't me. There are people of every walk of life, every culture, who feel drawn to Jehovah and Jesus in a special way. Whether 9 of them should be a 'Governing Body' remains to be seen.

Even Jesus said there would be those who performed MANY powerful works IN HIS NAME, and yet then he would confess to them, "Get away from me you workers of lawlessness. I never knew you."

• OrangeVale Bob
    OrangeVale Bob

LDS,
    Just a couple of thought's. This type of reasoning is new to me. As a "true believer", I have accepted the teachings of the WTBTS as "Divinely Inspired" and therefore did not look at them too closely. I am now a "doubting believer" (yep, I'm confused!). The publications available to me are limited, as well. I have tried to get the most recent cd but have been told to "Go to the meeting and order it from bro so and so". I choose to not do that. I also have tried to get it from a brother in another state. I found he dosen't have one (his is backordered- the society must not be able to burn cd's at the same rate they print books). I rely on publications that were available approx. 5 years ago, still fairly current.
    In the "Insight" book under FandDS the society reasons that this class is comprised of "all the 'chosen ones', all the spirit-anointed ones, of the Christian congregation. Thus the entire anointed Christian congregation was to serve in a united stewardship, dispensing such truths." Insight to the Scriptures-FandDS pg806 para3
    The questions arise, "How do we identify those who are spirit anointed?" "How many are alive today (or how many have there been prior to today- one of the many topics I am curious in is how many faithful early Christians were there? They didn't seem to be as fascinated with statistics as the WTBTS does today. Secular writings might provide information.)?
    The WTBTS describes this class as all of the anointed. So all of the anointed should be qualified to dispense the proper food at the proper time. Not just a governing body. Or, that's what a true believer should believe.

• OrangeVale Bob
    OrangeVale Bob

LDH,
    Oops, sorry, I just noticed my typo "LDS".
    anyone,
    can I edit after I post, to correct typo's?

• LDH
    LDH

OVB, your email is locked or I would reply to you privately on something. Feel free to email me....

"LDS"

• larc
    larc

The last two resposes talk about a Class, as if there are good and bad organizations implied in Jesus's words. I don't believe that at all. Show it to me in a group of scriptures taken from one place, not a bunch of scriptures strung together from here and there.

• RR
    RR

I think we need to look at the verses again, the Lord here is not talking about two individuals or groups, but one.

The interlinear translates it "and if THAT servant should say evily in his heart." This tells us that the once "faithful servant" become evil when he felt the "Lord delayeth."

Quite interesting, if we take the Society's position that the slave is a CLASS, then Judge Rutherford is a dead ringer for the "evil Servant." How is one faithful then evil? It is all wrapped up with the second advent. Russell taught that Jesus' parousia was in 1874, Rutherford also taught this. Eventually Rutherford stated "the Lord delayeth" and moved the date up to 1914, forty years later, he also "smote" his brethren [the schism of 1917] and began drinking with the drunkards, it is a known fact Rutherford was a drunk.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• LDH
    LDH

Can we not get off subject here people. I don't care what some crackhead did in 1917.

What we are talking about is whether or not a special group of those who make up the FDS have ANY authority at all.

Period.

• larc
    larc

Jesus told his desciples to be ready. Then he told a concrete story to help fix his idea in their heads. That's all there is to it. He was advising individuals, not predicting good and bad organizations, now or at any time.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Hey Lisa.

I wanted to say that its nice to see you around and keeping with your "straigh shooting" style that we saw at Witnet

I'll have to think about the specific question you asked a little more before replying, but I did want to comment on the matter of the Governing Body being at least up until recently being all "white".

I've brought this up alot over the past few years and asked a good few black brothers just to get their feedback on that issue. This is something that all of them had noticed, the abscence of black brothers (and non-whites altogether for that matter). However all seemed to show a "good attitude" toward the matter and said that it didn't overly bother them.

But I've asked the same questions as you Lisa, considering that there are lots of faithful brothers of all nationalities and personally, i would have to say many of our black brothers are even more powerful and passionate speakers than those who are white.

So why just one black brother (and only recently) on the Governing Body? Why in my multi-cultural area are parts almost always given to white brothers, the same boring old white guys? Why do I not recollect ever seeing a non-white CO or DO in my area?

Sorry to take it off topic here. Just wanted to comment on the lack of racial diversity there seems the farther up the ladder one goes.

Path

• thinker
    thinker

Has the GB ever described exactly HOW Jehovah inspires them with "new light"? Seems to me, if they were the FDS; they'd be open about the proceedures.
    thinker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit