The old big orange "Paradise" book

by aquagirl 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

The cover freaked me out..... does it like there leaning in for a kiss or am I just SICK?

• yknot
    yknot

ewwww

I never noticed that......

I liked the lion on pg181

• yknot
  • flipper
    flipper

AQUAGIRL- As a kid growing up in the witnesses - my JW mom used to get pissed off at me because I'd draw moustaches and beards on the people in the crazy pictures in the Paradise book. I mean- the pictures were SO BIZARRE - they just beckoned to be drawn on by us kids ! LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Flipper,I used to fill in all the o's.And give them all better hair.Decorate the snakes,why were there so many snakes in the old books!

• stapler99
    stapler99

I'm too young to have seen this book, and find some of those pictures (on the linked page) pretty bizarre! Some of the pictures in later publications (Revelation book and Bible Stories book) seem to have been based on these, which I didn't realise.

• yknot
    yknot

Stabler99,

Are you a My Book of Bible Stories kid?

I remember a few sisters stopped tinting their hair red for a few years because of this pic........

What about this one posters...... anyone had to read this too!

• TD
    TD

Paradise book trivia. Note the difference in the two details:

• jambon1
    jambon1

This is my point over & over again.

Why do they get away with this abuse of childrens minds?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Yeap, I studied with that one. Back when they were 25 cents I decided to build up a collection in every one of the 100 some odd languages that had been printed. I could have gotten them all in one fell swoop but for some strange reason I would get them 10 or so at a time.Whenever they didn't have a particular language in stock they would send me a refund. In postage stamps!

I think I got up to 68 books. The funniest one of them all, coming from a religious organization with no sense of irony, was the Russian language one. This was back in the good old days of the Soviet Union when they had their propaganda magazines, Pravda (Truth) and Izvestia (News).

I could, in spite of my difficulties with most of the Russian alphabet, distinctly make out "PRAVDA" on the spine of the "TRUTH" book.

Shortly after being disfellowshipped for apostacy I threw them into the garbage.

I wish I still had them. !!!1975!!! in 68 languages!

villabolo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit