• yknot
    yknot

Palm Tree and thigh definition

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

In 1944 you could have lions doing cabbage farts in your kid's face

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Sorry to have posted on an old posting but I was telling someone the other day about the old Paradise book and how scary it was for me as a young boy. I was trying to find the picture of Abraham when has the knife over top of his son Isaac and in the process of killing his son and Jehovah intervened. This story never made any sense to myself at 5 years old. I recall my grandmother saying that it OK for Jehovah to test us but not for us humans to test each other. It didn't make sense then as is still does to this day. I like the time on Family Guy when they refer to this incident and you see Abraham and Isaac walking down the mountain and Isaac saying to his father, "What the hell was that all about ?".

• Twitch
    Twitch

Ahh good times,....

• bigmac
    bigmac

why did all the men in the paradise book look like gay actors?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ya, look at those girlie eyelashes!

• little witch
    little witch

Oh Yes...the great pumpkin, LOL

Makes halloween look like cookies and milk.

Good thing they got the point across that children should not beg (forgiveness),

Sexism (what would we do without paternilistic justice)

Homosexuality (does the pic do justice")?

Forgiveness (maybe hober will drop a big brick on our head, just to make it quick

Love (find one example of love in the whole dang book, I will apologize in public in my underwear)

LW

• breathing
    breathing

wow, blast from the past, just caught up on this thread, just reminds me of why that religion had such a frightening effect on me about living a life outside the jws as an adult, that fear that was instilled in us as "babes"

god, they would shout child abuse if kids were allowed to watch scary movies, but what fxxxin hypocrites, feeding us all them knives and torture and destruction and fear fear fear, unless we were "obedient"

seeing those pictures again has been a good reminder, that it was real, and scary being a jw child in the 60's and 70's

they used to pride themselves on the fact that there were no separate sunday schools for children, but they should have been ashamed at letting little kids be frightened like that.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I'm still meeting with my therapist because of this book!!! LOL

• breathing
    breathing

i believe you, good luck!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit