The old big orange "Paradise" book

by aquagirl 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Yeah,the one in referring to was a big book,peach-orange.Engraved front,sort of a bas relief thing.Now I really want to dig one up.lol.Or maybe Ill just go swimming.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

"Paradise" came first (1961???). And it was never intended for children, it just ended up that way because it had pictures.

Yup. The order I put was the order studied, not order released/published. And there was some complex math in there for a little kid! This book laid out the exact time lengths of the creative days, IIRC. Seven thousand years each creative day for a 49,000 year week, then of course the 50th millennium was to be a jubilee!!!

What a bunch of hokum, but at least it was well thought out, unlike the modern style of noo lite.

• changeling
    changeling

you have a pm, Mad sweeney :)

• changeling
    changeling

Go swimming, aquagirl. Don't waste your time digging up garbage. :)

• dinah
    dinah

I remember that book. It gave me nightmares.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Is this what you are referring too?

http://oroborus21.com/jwnet/art/paradiselost.html

-Sab

• wobble
    wobble

I guess it was the hokum about the length of the creative days mainly, but here in the U.K the Branch asked us to send back any copies we had, in the K.H library, and bros. were to send back their personal copies. Presumably for pulping so that they could deny they ever said such things, thank god for the internet !

An Elder remarked to me "I have never heard of the Society doing anything like this before"

I replied "There must be something very very embarrassing in there !"

It was only after I left I had a good look, the whole thing is a hoot !

If you have a copy, it could be worth a lot in the future, they have got to be pretty rare now.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think I have a few of them in a box somewhere...

• undercover
    undercover

http://oroborus21.com/jwnet/art/paradiselost.html

I got a kick out that site... thanks for the link

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yeah, great link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit