The old big orange "Paradise" book

by aquagirl 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Seven thousand years each creative day for a 49,000 year week

I remember the old Paradise book very well and still have one. The 7,000 year creative days caused me all sorts of problems at school in the 50's and early 60's. I used to tell my teachers that fossils of animals could only be 13,000 years old max! No wonder they thought JW's were nutters!

Once again a case of quietly changing doctrine and pretending they never taught such twaddle.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, was frightening. I would much rather my kids read Harry Potter.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I always wondered why Nimrod was depicted as being black, and how on earth he managed to be accompanied by a wizened white wizard... all while Noah's sons were still around...

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember the "Paradise" book like it was yesterday. Our daughter was only two years old Clyde and I were reading to her out of that book, and before we knew it she was reading herself. We were so proud that she could read quite well by the time she was four. I remember looking at that picture and saying some like, "Bad people--die at Armageddon." When our next child was born, a son, we tried to teach him to read the same way, and all he would do was hit the book and try to tear the pages. Well, our daughter is still a staunch witness, waiting for Armageddon to strike us dead--but our son, who wanted to tear the book up when he was little, wants nothing to do with the organization.

Oh I also remember how clearly the book explained the 70 or 80 year generation, and I even used that book to study with several people.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Well, at least these "Worldly" bastards had the good fortune to die next to Brother So and So's Buick Century. Now available for purchase from Circuit Leasing.

1997_wt_sept_1_23_large

• crapola
    crapola

I remember that book. My mom studied it with my sister and me when we were to young to read. It was scary and very boring to us. I hated that book.

• crapola
    crapola

Sooner was that picture from the book? I can't remember it.

• White Dove
    White Dove

What's Humphrey Bogart doing in that picture?

Check out the expression on the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire in the lower right corner.

This picture would be better if Kyria's cat was in it.

That picture is from "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth" which was published in about 1984.

My favorite part of YCLFiPoE was the spiritistic/demonic part with the fortune teller and the medium from Endor raising up someone (Saul?).

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

That's not Humphrey Bogart, it's Eddie the detective from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

• 2014CountDown
    2014CountDown

Those studio actors are having a real good snooze

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit