The old big orange "Paradise" book

by aquagirl 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Trevor Scott : the picture in Chapter 25 of the paradise lost book really scared me. The vivid discriptions of the dead were almost as bad as the pictures.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

OMG! I haven't seen that picture in years. That's friggin' scary. Who would put that in front of kids?!

Isaac

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

book came out in 1958.......as a child of the 1960's it did scare me...picture of child on bike and road opening up.......yikes!.....

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

We were told to collect all copies and they would be returned to the London Bethel for pulping. This was in the 80's or 90's if memory serves.

This book must be such a major embarassment to them they wish to expunge it from history.

Can't be done WT, too many copies around, I have one.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Bigmac asked, "Does anyone remember the book called "Things In Which It Is Impossible For God To Lie"? Or did i imagine it?

what an inspiring title

which begs the question

what were the things in which He did lie?"

Oh yeah, I was there. The book title was lifted from Hebrews 6:16-18 "For men verily swear by the greater: and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife. Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath: that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us..."

It was explained to me that the two things in which God could not lie were his WORD and his DEEDS.

Everything else he lied about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit