The old big orange "Paradise" book

by aquagirl 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - I have a copy of this book but it was before my time on studying it. "You can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth" big red book replaced it in 1982 I think. That is what I studied.

• The Finger
    The Finger

We studied the Paradise book when I was about 3/4 then it was Your Will be done. That was a bundle of laughs.

• bigmac
    bigmac

does anyone remember the book called

"things in which it is impossible for god to lie"?

or did i imagine it?

what an inspiring title

which begs the question

what were the things in which He did lie?

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

does anyone remember the book called

"things in which it is impossible for god to lie"?

or did i imagine it?

what an inspiring title

which begs the question

what were the things in which He did lie?

Yes I think I still have a copy of that book at home. It has a green cover.

• streets76
    streets76

I still remember the first time Mom read that stuff to us and showed us those pictures, even though I was only about four years old at the time. She explained what was happening to all those people in the pictures. She said they were being destroyed at Armageddon, because they were all bad people. I looked at the people and I started crying. They didn’t look like bad people to me. They all just looked scared. I couldn’t understand why all that was happening to those people in the pictures. All I knew was that I didn’t ever want to fall down into that big hole in the ground with all those other people.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

She said they were being destroyed at Armageddon, because they were all bad people. I looked at the people and I started crying. They didn’t look like bad people to me. They all just looked scared. I couldn’t understand why all that was happening to those people in the pictures.

This is much the same for all of us. I recall not wanting to make worldly friendships or associate with worldy kids as they would be eventually distroyed at Armagddon. What a sick way to posion a young child's mind. It is something even to this day I have to fight against as it is always there in the back of my mind. For years I was not able to really make worldy friends and not have the social skills like normal adults.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I think that was the 1st book I was introduced to.I was 19 yrs old not religously inclined and my mentor thought, that would be a good introduction to the" truth."How wrong can we all be!!!

smiddy

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

What a walk down memory lane!

i think i had my first pre pubescent stirrings over the alluded to nude woman being caught away to heaven!

That and more stirrings over the shaply harlot on the beast in the revelation book!

oz

• d
    d

Even though I was not born in that time. (I'm a child of the 90's) I can recall pictures from What does God require of Us and I remember when I was younger reading Learn from the Great teacher remeber seeing that armageddon photo of what looks like New York go up in flames at the hands of God.My question is how can they have children seeing thise types of picures and they wonder why many ending up leaving later on.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Bttt. I was searching the threads about the old paradise lost book. I wonder how much out dated info is in it.

Missy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit