The old big orange "Paradise" book

by aquagirl 114 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• White Dove
    White Dove

Outlaw,

That one looks like the Paradise book from the '80's.

I was talking about the peach colored one from the '60's and '70's.

• changeling
    changeling

That's not the book. The old Paradise book did not have colored pictures. But they were as graphic as the one you posted. Or more so, one picture had a little girl falling off a cliff...

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I studied that book as a kid, too. First was "Listening to the Great Teacher" and then "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained" then "Your Youth - Getting the Best out of It" and finally "The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life" and baptism.

Yuck. I feel like I need a shower.

• changeling
    changeling

There was an orange dragon towards the end. I would hit the page and say:" bad, bad!"

• changeling
    changeling

"Paradise" came first (1961???). And it was never intended for children, it just ended up that way because it had pictures.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I remember the pic of people falling into a big crack. I would focus on the little girl and the dog and wonder what they could have done that was so bad that they deserved that?

• changeling
    changeling

Ahhh... the dog...i forgot the dog... Yikes!

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

I have it somewhere, I remember the picture of children being burned to Baal

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

I loved the picture of the roaring lion.

I'd love to wrestle with him for Caesar's pleasure!

• JWoods
    JWoods

My parents started going to the hall in about 1963, when I was 14. I figured I was too old for this book, so never read it.

Cannot remember it ever being used for anything but to hand to the really young kids to look at during meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit