why I like this site

by nancy drew 157 Replies latest jw experiences

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Is this Shutter Island in any way about what I am blasting you about?

Welllllll indirectly I suppose it relates to your comments...............

I love it that apostates derail my threads talking about nothing.

Uhhhh this wasn't your thread. We are currently displaying our love for this site, as the OP did.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I saw that piece of trash film.

Have YOU seen Jehovah's Witnesses- A Non-Prophet organization? YOU NEED TOO boy.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Hmmm.....I seem to recall a scripture about not judging.....lest you yourself be judged by the same measure......

Oh,....something about extracting the rafter from your own eye.......

Let's see,......"vengence is mine, says the Lord"........

I think there's more,.....but I'm sure you know them, right, BANE??

What are the scriptures that tell you, specifically, BANE...... that you are to judge your fellow man?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Beks, I think a "Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper" running thread would be a great idea.

Anybody here use MenuMailer from Saving Dinner? I just subscribed. I've subscribed in the past but lapsed for a few years. Now I've gone back.

Tonight for dinner I had: fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, cole slaw, pickled beets, and biscuits. Drop biscuits because I was too lazy to roll them out. Yes, a southern, artery clogging, fat drenched dinner. You can definitely tell my parents are both from Kentucky! We grew up on this kind of food. Tomorrow I'm going to do something healthy. I'm going to take inventory and do menus tomorrow.

StAnn

• tec
    tec

Tonight I had McDonald's

But yesterday I made quesadillas and a black bean dip. Yum. StAnn - I love the idea of a running recipe thread. We get so bored of the same old/same old.

Tammy

• StAnn
    StAnn

What say ye, Beks and Palm? Tammy and I are in for a running dinner thread.

StAnn

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ann & Tammy, I get Cooking Light magazine, and also Sunset. It really helps to be able to leisurely flip through the pics. And it's always season oriented. Those darn pics just make you happy to be alive. Great looking food, flowers, simple settings...............good stuff.

Do the last two pages of posts qualify for why we like this site? I am riddled with guilt when I hijack. Which is often

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I subscribe to Clean Eating magazine.

I have made soooo many recipes from it, they have all been good. And most of them use ingredients you already have at home.

I love reading recipe books, especially the ones with pictures!

• beksbks
    beksbks

But hayulll yes! Running dinner thread!

• tec
    tec

Do the last two pages of posts qualify for why we like this site?

Probably. So sorry Nancy. I like this site because of the vibrant and varied community present. This is also the first and only place I can come to discuss spiritual things with people of all faiths or no faith. I've grown as a person, and I've grown in my faith. I've come to care about many people on this place. I miss them when they aren't posting, and I have such a feeling of relief and happiness when they post again.

We should start a new thread for the recipe thing. Someone needs to post a recipe of what they made for dinner to start it. My McPukes doesn't count.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit