Field service reporting

by gutted 163 Replies latest jw experiences

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I got a call and said "zero!"

He tried to figure out a way to give me some time, kids?, informal? etc...

I said zero again and he got the point. I was smiling the whole time.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

It is the advantage of just quitting all of a sudden. They called for like 2 months asking for time and then it stopped, if you are not there for 8 weeks, you're probably not out in service! NMKA

• BANE
    BANE

Hounding you? Brother I have heard all kinds of dishonesty before but this takes the cake. Should I type in all caps? If you don´t want to turn in time, don´t want to be there....TELL THEM YOU ARE AN APOSTATE and they WILL leave you alone. Got it? You SIGNED up for them asking for field service time. So DO NOT pretend you didn´t. You said YES I want to be an unbaptized or eventually baptized JEHOVAH´S WITNESS!

And not saying turning in time in the bible? ARe you guys THAT retarded? It doesn´t say ALOT of things in the Bible. Lord have mercy the minds here are SO low class thinkers. It doesn´t say to wear suits, have TV´s, have internet in the Bible yet ALL of you do right? But you gripe about time being handed in?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why is it that you guys get off on lying to people and deceiving them?

I didn't lie. Why do you get off on baiting people? Is it to make up for what you lack in real life? Do you come here to fantasize about the freedom you crave but are too cowardly to make a reality? If you really believed in your overlords you'd obey them and stay away from sites like this.

TELL THEM YOU ARE AN APOSTATE

No. I'm not the "apostate". Jehovah's witnesses are because they belong to a cult that finds its roots in apostasy. I do not subscribe to the watchtower's definition of apostasy. Or yours.

You said YES I want to be an unbaptized or eventually baptized JEHOVAH´S WITNESS!

I reserve the right to change my mind at any time without notice or explanation to anyone. That includes the watchtower, and it includes you.

But you gripe about time being handed in?

We're not griping. We're conversing. You're the one who is griping. I'm sorry you're too stupid to know the difference.

W

• ssn587
    ssn587

3 mos and counting that is not turning in time, when asked told elder smelder that I don't recall signing any contract that says I will do X amount of time in the service, nor do I see anything in the bible that equates with one having to turn in time. Time cards are a game, and i don't play games with my spirituality. he just sort of gave a sick smile and walked away so they haven't bothered me anymore.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Finally-Free, you're my hero!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Bane, considering the constant flow of blatant lies in the Watchtower, you have a cheek complaining about Witnesses that lie trying to get out of it. Most people were not only deceived but minors when they "SIGNED up", so in any normal situation the contract would not be valid. Go off elsewhere on your hypocritical high horse.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

gutted,

When the elders call you for your field service report, have him read Matthew 6:3,4 and say that you are using your Bible trained conscience in following the words of Jesus Christ in NOT turning in any report.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• undercover
    undercover
    Why is it that you guys get off on lying to people and deceiving them?

I lied, sure. But I was practicing Theocratic Strategy. They didn't deserve the truth, so I didn't give it to them. Fuck em...

Did the BIBLE´S truth, not WT or anything, but didn´t ANY of the Bible´s truth get into your hearts at all?

What truth of the Bible do you speak? And why is it relevant to how I deal with liars who use that same book to deceive me?

Lying is against what God wants. Surely you are not to jaded to AT LEAST know that?

Which God? Whose God? Yours? Sorry, I don't give a shit about your God, so I don't care what you think he wants...

• sd-7
    sd-7
    And not saying turning in time in the bible? ARe you guys THAT retarded? It doesn´t say ALOT of things in the Bible. Lord have mercy the minds here are SO low class thinkers. It doesn´t say to wear suits, have TV´s, have internet in the Bible yet ALL of you do right? But you gripe about time being handed in?

I think I hear the sound of someone tagging me in. The relevance of wearing suits or watching TV or using the Internet to this discussion simply does not exist. This is a red herring. The issue here is, whether it is scriptural to require fellow Christians to report to elders how much time they spend preaching. This concept is foreign to scripture. As the book "Bearing Thorough Witness About God's Kingdom" says, "Jehovah is interested, not in the AMOUNT, but in the MOTIVE for our giving." Whether it's time or money, I consider that--straight from the Society--to be a pretty reasonable thing to say. It is the exact opposite of reality, however, as AMOUNT apparently equals MOTIVE--that's the message in local congregations and from circuit overseers.

And indeed, it could also be said that many men receive their positions in the congregation based purely on these numbers, this field service time, and not based on any particular Christian qualities they actually display. When you have a system like that, it is overwhelmingly surprising to see that anyone can consider a legitimate concern over the legitimacy of this organizational directive to be "retarded".

If JWs criticize the Pharisees for creating their own non-Biblical rules, then they have to be willing to face the reality that rules like submitting field service time are equally unscriptural and are really just a means of control/monitoring. A means of imitating the Pharisees by having their righteousness be displayed before men instead of simply glorifying God without consideration of a time limit. A report for how many people you helped this month--now THAT would be worth writing. But again, even that would be a matter between the individual and God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit