Field service reporting

by gutted 163 Replies latest jw experiences

• gutted
    gutted

So one of the elders called asking for my time. I lied, somewhat. Yes I did talk to people about the "truth" but not in favourable terms.

Has anyone simply stated, "I have not been in service this month"? Do they eventually stop calling?

What's your experience with this part of fading.

• undercover
    undercover

The first couple of times they called, I lied. Made up some stuff. I was good too. I said, "hold on, let me get my book." held the phone away so he couldn't hear me breathing...waited about 30 seconds and then, "Okay, here we go... " (shuffled the newspaper as if I'm turning pages in my notebook)... " 8 hours... um (shuffle) 1, 2, yes, 6 magazines, um(shuffle)...2 rvs... and....(shuffle)1 book. (shuffle) Oh wait, one brochure as well."

The third time they cornered me at the hall, a rare instance of my showing up for a meeting. I lied again...said I didn't have my bookbag, but as soon as I got home I'd call him with it. Never called of course.

They quit bothering after that.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Has anyone simply stated, "I have not been in service this month"? Do they eventually stop calling?

They insisted they needed a report from me even when I said I didn't go out, so for the last 4 months I was there I just gave them reports filled with zeros.

Some people manage to fade, but they kept harassing me until I made a clean break. Good luck!

W

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

It is fun to hand in your FSR with ZERO hours noted on it, yer the numeral 0. See the reaction.

Personally I just stopped reporting and never was questioned...but this is in Europe.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I stopped giving report several years ago. When elder called, I told him I see no scriptural base for giving reports so do not want to.

He said "OK, so you have 0?"

I said "No, its not zero, but I do not want to report it".

It wasnt easy at that time, but I didnt want to lie.

Albert

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

In my experience, the elders wanted my time. I told them I did not do any witnessing, in which they looked stunned. After awhile they just stopped bringing the subject up.

• sherah
    sherah

I'm at the "I have not been out in service this month" stage. Before i got to this point, I had been turning in FS reports with zeros on them. Initially, my SO and BS conductor(before the change) tried to corner for a sheparding call to address my "lack of enthusiam" for the ministry. I simply smile, tilt my head, bat my lashes and decline, LOL. So far so good.

• BANE
    BANE

Why is it that you guys get off on lying to people and deceiving them? Did the BIBLE´S truth, not WT or anything, but didn´t ANY of the Bible´s truth get into your hearts at all?

Lying is against what God wants. Surely you are not to jaded to AT LEAST know that?

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"Why is it that you guys get off on lying to people and deceiving them? Did the BIBLE´S truth, not WT or anything, but didn´t ANY of the Bible´s truth get into your hearts at all?"

Why do the brothers keep hounding them for time? If you don't turn in a slip you should be left alone. They badger you to where you have to put down something to get them out of your face.

Anyway nowhere in the bible did it say to turn in field service time.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I didn't DA; just quit cold turkey. No one called. Not ONCE, not EVER. Not for a service report; not to drop off KMs; not to see if I was dead.

The only people who ever got in touch with me were friends from former congregations who heard through the Dub gossip mill that I quit the meetings (and God knows what else). Not ONE person has contacted us from our local congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit