Meeting experience

by gutted 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We are so concerned..Where have you been..We are worried about you..

Your worry about me?..Wanna pay my electric bill?..The power is about to be turned off..

No..Bye..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I'll have to bring one of these... if I can't go to the restroom, you think they'd mind if I toss one of these on the stage from behind the curtain?

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

That's what they always say to me when they bump into me at the store or at work. "Haven't seen you in a while." If I don't have a snappy come back ready, they sometimes take that as a sign of weakness and attack. Right there. In public.

Awesome.

So glad I'm done with that too.

It's especially weird now because I haven't been to a meeting in 14-15 years.

I got away, guys. Deal with it.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I see a future whe jws will be required to have a cathater and urine bag for the conventions to cut down on the potty breaks.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Take the seams out of all your clothes and sew in velcro then when on stage just tear your clothes off! WOO WOO WOO!

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I see I am not missing anything at the meetings (same old song and dance)

On the ministry school note, I did quit the ministry school before I stopped going to meetings altogether. I was good at giving talks but I felt like a hypocrite reciting that bullshit in front of the cong. Plus it was a hassle working full time and trying to fit that in as well as everything else.

I told the school overseer that I was going thru a lot of stress and requested to be taken off giving talks for a while, he let it go :)

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I haven't been for awhile and one lady asked me how my Mom was because she hasn't seen her for a long time. (I guess she doesn't wanna pick up her phone either.) It's nice to know that I haven't been missed.

We had a swell talk about being clean, keeping our house and yard clean as a good "witness" to our neighbors. Too bad our house isn't as nicely maintained as our neighbors...maybe I should join their church if they go to one...they sure have a well-kept home.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    On the ministry school note, I did quit the ministry school before I stopped going to meetings altogether. I was good at giving talks but I felt like a hypocrite reciting that bullshit in front of the cong. Plus it was a hassle working full time and trying to fit that in as well as everything else.
    I told the school overseer that I was going thru a lot of stress and requested to be taken off giving talks for a while, he let it go :)

I'm so using that one to get out of the school. That will work nicely for me in my situation too. Awesome, thanks Coffee House Girl!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Seems that everything you are allowed to do is what the hounders tell you (and, here I am referring to the attendants the same as the congregation hounders because they also hound people to obey the rules). Pretty soon, you will have assigned seating (sit with your congregation), associate with your congregation, and not be able to mix with those in other congregations. Violators will be rounded up by the a$$embly hounders and sent back to their congregation sections.

On top of that, there is a problem with rationing toilet paper and towels at these things. Using only one towel, or one limited section of towel, is all you are allowed (which was not a problem when I was in: I would take enough to dry my hands, and then dry up the mess in the sink with more). And, I have heard scattered reports of allowing limited toilet paper per visit--I don't know if that is going to get more common in upcoming years.

Of course, they have a cow if you simply skip the whole thing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    We were treated like little children

As things get tighter on the budget for WTS, I imagine they will ask members to bring a trashbag and take away all of their own trash including dirty diapers, and to bring their own toilet paper and handtowels. Maybe they can give this a trial run at the Kingdom Hall to train the members to be compliant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit