Meeting experience

by gutted 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I didn't know I had a leader

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I thought Steve Jobs was leader. Tricked by Satan's Interwebz again!

• The Finger
    The Finger

Bane,

I've never made fun of "pubishers"

• The Finger
    The Finger

I didn't attend meetings for awhile and when I returned I was so shocked at how boring they were. I had already had 30 years experience of them but I'd become numb to the boredom levels.

I had discussed once with an Elder how my young children wouldn't sit throught their favourite video without going off and playing and doing other things unyet as a child I was expected to sit on a hard seat for over three hours at an assembly. The inculcating of the old laws were surely replaced with the new covenant.

At one period my wife and I were ill. We claimed benefit from the state as I could not work. How many JW's phoned or stopped by? 0. At one of the meetings an Elder who had been in the "truth" many years enquired of other family relatives as to how I am? No. Where was I. Had I been out to work as I wasn't at the Hall? Love. Yes we are all imperfect, and no doubt those in charge are imperfect as well, but they soon beat their fellow slaves when given the opportunity.

• tiki
    tiki

omg....rationing bathroom time? doling out toilet paper and towels??? is there no end to their ridiculosity???? and people still go to those events?

• The Finger
    The Finger

Bane,

I don't think your a bad person, maybe one day you'll be in my shoes.

• BANE
    BANE

Finger I have had it too. The elders didn´t come to me when I needed them once. But I didn´t become bitter and leave. That is the difference. They are imperfect and this will all be sorted out in the new system. I have the patience to wait on Jehovah. OTHERS did show me love though on that occasion. I have been baptized 16 years now. Been associated for around 25 years. This is still Jehovah´s organization. It has taught us the truth about the Bible and what JEhovah wants from us. DO NOT be like Korah.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I remember feeling like Bane a few years ago. He's here, seeds are planted, give it time.

• The Finger
    The Finger

Bane,

I'm not Korah I don't claim to be anything. I dedicated my life to serve God in the best way I could. When it, the "truth" conflicts with my conscience I must try and keep a clear conscience.

The reason I'm here is still to try and understand things. I'm not going to live forever and the older i get the less i understand.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Moses and the priestly class were appointed by God Bane. The cult known as Jehovahs Witnesses has a leadership who is self-appointed. They have no authority from God. They only have authority because they have controlled the minds of their members with their false gospel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit