Meeting experience

by gutted 70 Replies latest jw experiences

• gutted
    gutted

This weeks service meeting was typical.

"Where were you?" "I'm concerned about you". Then the typical song and dance of the parts/talks, all recycled notions of doing better in the service. The convention reminders were the best! We were treated like little children: don't take long bathroom breaks... well unless you have a medical condition but still try not to disrupt others. Bring a bagged lunch, arrive early, dont walk around too much, "fellowship" with others...

FUUUUUUUCK!

Thanks, got that off my chest.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Oh, I got the same treatment this past Sunday.

"We've missed you!" Oh really, what? You're phone don't work to call?

"Are you okay?" Yup, never better. "Well we haven't seen you a lot lately" Thank you for your concern, but if you wanted to see me all you have to do is give me a call.

"Hey, you want to go out in service this afternoon with me?" No thanks, I have plans. "Oh okay, I just thought since I haven't seen you out in a while I would see if you would like to keep me company." Am I under arrest or something? "Huh?" Well, you seem to be my appointed parole officer. "Oh that's not what I meant." Well, that's how it sounds. See ya.

I also have been assigned a 3rd student talk for next week. I'm not doing it, not going and not calling in to say I'm not doing it. Fuck 'em.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Just this morning, I was thinking about all those "timely reminders."

I felt sick.

Syl

• gutted
    gutted

Soldier I have a #3 talk coming up next month as well. I think I will actually cancel it and also my enrollment in the school.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Soldier I have a #3 talk coming up next month as well. I think I will actually cancel it and also my enrollment in the school.

I've been thinking of doing that as well. Total waste of time.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Boy, I don't miss any of that shit..

• snowbird
    snowbird

Quirky!!!!

You just refuse to stop using that word, don't you?

LOL.

Syl

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

The Service Meeting was the one I hated the most....

Loz x

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Yeah quirky, knock that shit off.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Keyser!

Et tu?

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest