Who Are Your Past Circuit Overseers? It's a small world..

by mentallyfree31 260 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

RR, I also had George Warienchuk (Evelyn was his wife).

• IronHill
    IronHill

My districts were always in PA, NJ, DE - USA, and I attended the spanish congregation, but here are a few I remember.

David Miner - Pretty cool with our family, sold my dad his laptop.

Antonio Cavazos - Instructor when I went to Pioneer school, and the most direct CO i ever met. Not a bad guy though.

Archiebald - I just remember his bowties.

Rogers - I actually liked him. Very nice, very calm...always gave a good word.

Negron - The last CO before I disassociated myself.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Warrenchuck was my CO too in the late 80's early 90's.

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

I'll have to ask my family about Don Culp and see what he's up to now.

• RR
    RR
    RR, I also had George Warienchuk (Evelyn was his wife).

Yes that's them. I use to call him blinky, cause he was always blinkling his eyes. He was a missionary, white man living in a foreign country whether the Witnesses treated him like a god. Then one day his elderly parents get too old to take care of themselves and he had to leave his assignment because his siblings who lived in the USA wouldn't take care of them. So he was bitter, because he went from being a god in a foreign country to becoming a slave in the USA.

He didn't like me much. This was doing the so called apostasy days in the Jersey City area, and they all thought I was the ring leader, butr had no proof. I remember working with him in field service and he was bad mouthing Ray Franz as a person who was draing a following after himself.

I left Jersey City and the Witnesses and moved to Somerset County, ten years later I was delivering mail to a home in Bridgewater, NJ and lo and behold I had mail for George Warienchuk. He answered the door half dead, I don't think he knew if he was coming or going. I said "Hi Br. George Warienchuk, here's your mail" and walked away. He had no idea who I was, even though he was one of the many to investigate the claims of widespread apostasy in the Jersey City area.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

He and his wife served in Brazil for many years and then as you stated had to come back to the US. I was a teenager when he served our circuit so I do not have a viewpoint on him as a person. They had a story on him in a WT this past year. Boy did he get old.

• metatron
    metatron

Anybody hear of Craig Smith? I think he was in Texas. A nice sort but a real True Believer with all that entails, especially these days.

You know, this sort of post might add fuel to the fire in regard to the Society getting rid of C.O.'s. They may be shocked and appalled to see such forthright discussion of their personalities and obvious flaws.

metatron

• milola
    milola

John Ferreir. At least I think he was a CO. Shows ya how much interest I had even back then. He performed my ex's and my marriage ceremony. I believe he eventually left his wife and kid and was disfellowshipped.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

SN Baloyi- now DO

Phillip Ngcobo- Divorced and DF'd

Bro Khaphela- DF'd

Bro Mazibuko- Moved to DO and DF'd shortly after

Bro Khumalo- DA'd

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

William Patterson, Jimmie Oldie, Bro Henry ( forgot his last name ), Greg Flowers, and Lester Roswell. This when I was in Los Angeles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit