Who Are Your Past Circuit Overseers? It's a small world..

by mentallyfree31 260 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Lynnie? For real. I would love to hear it. If it is something that you can't post here, please feel free to send me a message.

• Found Sheep
  • nancy drew
    nancy drew

I think Eugene Brandt's wife's name was something strange like Blossom. He was a good speaker but a mean guy.

• NCO
    NCO

Oh man let me take a stroll down memory lane and try to remember. I was fired from the JW's in 1992 so my names will be some really old ones.

Kriefall. Older German couple. Loved them. They both loved kids and didn't mind at all mingling with us regular folk. They're probably passed on by now, and I'm sure God has given them a good home.

John Mason. Former Baptist preacher with a larger than life presence. Had a huge travel trailer if I recall. Very prima donna and demanding. I'd like to think his heart was in the right place but something about him just never sat right with me.

Carl Steinhart. Older gentleman with a lovely wife Audrey. I thought the world of Brother Steinhart and always will. He had a very gentle manner about him. If the JW's were made up of Steinharts, I'd probably still be one. If he needed something today, I'd make it happen for him regardless the cost.

Antrim Smith. Doucherocket extraordinarre. Beyond doucherocket. Would have gladly cut Jesus' throat to gain favor from the Pharisees and Romans and then blamed someone else. One of those people you'd love to meet in a dark alley. With a do-it-yourself waterboarding kit and a .45 to finish the job.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Paul Sekela~ He is quite a character...kind of like a bull in a china shop; his wife is very sweet.

Harry Fetzig~ He and his wife were like sweet little grandparents. He taught at my pioneer school.

Harley Brenneman~ I only remember him because of his first name

Others whose names have been forgotten/blocked out.

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

I don't remember the first name of some of the COs but here are a few: Picel (sp?), Thompson, Cantwell, Eugene Brandt (was a DO and then a CO), Waschalk, Misterfeld, and many more but did not have long tenures as COs.

To be honest, I liked them all. Some were better than others, but I had no reason to dislike them or fear them. RL Jones was a nice man.

If I had to choose the worst of the bunch it would be Eugene Brandt, but he also taught me so much. Yes, he was a complete asshole, but he knew his stuff. It has been suggested that he was a Bethel reject and so there was some resentment on his part. In other words, he wasn't above being petty. One of the things that Brandt was good at was taking elders apart. I have made claims about being able to do the same thing - I had a good teacher.

Cantwell served at Bethel and told me that he hated it. I appreciated his honesty. He said that Knorr was a very mean person and would humiliate Bethelites.

Even though I think witnesses are pathetic, I don't reject or hate my past. My path is clear to me now and I know which way to go. If having others tell you what to believe or think is what makes you happy, then there you go.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Anyone remember a piece of work by the name of Lou Razor? Now there was an ash-whole!

• MissMyHarley
    MissMyHarley

How about a CO named Holland from Oregan and California?

• BU2B
    BU2B

Found sheep- yes I was referring to Dan and Julie Rourke. we were their first circuit. I thought they were the warmest, most down to earth, and humble CO and wife I have ever experienced. He was actually approachable and made everyone feel at ease. Didn't have a bad word to say about anyone. He actually did the wedding talk for my sister in law.

• losingit
    losingit

Manresa

Steubenvold

Both in Spanish congregations. We had a Mexican one, a Puerto Rican one, and a Cuban one. Just don't remember their names.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit