Who Are Your Past Circuit Overseers? It's a small world..

by mentallyfree31 260 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

"this is so funny, because last week our sunday talk speaker asked everyone: "do you guys know the names of the nobel peace prize winners from x,y,z,zz, years ago", but do you know the names of the faithful ones from the bible, moses, etc"?, "it show how people famous in the world mean nothing""

That is so dumb. He should have asked who the top sports stars were from any given year and there'd be lots of answers. Comparing things that don't go together, dumb. The average person doesn't care about nobel winners.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Are any of these mentioned in the U.S.?

• karter
    karter

From down under.

Hans Hubler, The most hatted CO/DO ever,I belive he may be out now.

Joe Seleighman,Real nice guy,woke up and leaft a few years ago.

• minimus
    minimus

Don Culp ALWAYS had young boys around him. He often would give them back rubs. A few elders talked to him about it when he was an elder. Jim Hossel was his best friend.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Milliken, Falkwoski, Don Friend, Bill Brandt (oh boy, what a hard ass) Gary West, Tomiyasu (sounded like Lt Sulu) John Kuss

Jack Thomas (ugh)

OLD timers:

George Shuler, Jim Vigg, Dean Bourne, Russ Anderson (had to deliver an apology for overdoing '75)

BEST DO ever:

Chuck Valorz; he was the kind of speaker who always had a quiet, attentive audience, amazing.

• blondie
    blondie

Falkowski, met him when he first started in the CO work.

Brown

Meek

Ward

Balzer

Illingworth

Breaux

Konjevich

David Bigler

Kobos

Madsen (2)

Manera

Eberline

Andrews

Falkowski

Lyman

Walke

Wuilleumier

Brenneman

Haessler

Miller

Sekela

Ferriance

Azar

Collar

Amy

Emshoff

Catanzaro

Magnusson

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Blondie, I remember quite a few on your list. There were a couple that I actually liked a lot, such as Eberline and Azar. Didn't care for Collar or Paul Madsen.

• blondie
    blondie

Azar wasn't bad, but he was new back then.

Hollar Collar................

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

DO'S:

Ted Jaracz; Griffin; Baxter; George Cook; Koinjavich; Franck; Manera; Woodley; Manfredi; Bill Green; Brandozzi

CO'S:

Wayne Knott; Floyd Garret; Jim Vigg; Billy Ford; Leo Mahan; Neil Thompson; Shinn; Neil Barton; George Cook; Al Michaelson; Arlen Meier;Shelousner [phonetic spelling]

Probably forgot a few, out of sight, out of mind.

---Dannyboy

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

I had Langley and Gorham...and Bob Simons, he was amazing actually...(in spite of his religious affiliation ;) )

Does anyone know Bill Arthur? He was the PO at my hall when I got d.f.'d. He is not a nice man at all...from what I understand, he has joined the circuit work now..When I got d.f'd (the second time) He told me that I would not make it through Armageddon...I told him that was I was fine with that, because I would not want to live forever with a bunch of JW's anyway!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit