The Witnesses are freaking out

by Sour Grapes 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

I still go to a few meetings a month just to keep members of my family happy.

The Witnesses seemed to be getting all worked up about how close the end

is. It sorta feels like the 1975 era only 35 years later. The brother who gave

the talk said that the "end is very very near." He said that he became a

Witness in 1990 so he missed all of the fun in 1975. Then during the Witchtower

study some brother commented how thankful we should all be that Jehovah has not

yet brought Armageddon because how many would not be here today.

I just zoned out as my brain began to bleed.

Sour Grapes

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    the "end is very very near."

Big deal, it's been very very near before. Call me when it's very very very very near, so near you can stick your tongue in the air and taste it.

Same old same old. How disappointed people will be when the very very near end stretches out AGAIN into a long time.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

let's be thankful that the end has not come yet for there are still more to come to salvation............. praise the Gibbering Body!

unfortunately all those Arabs, Chinese, and Indians will be destroyed for the Gibbering Body cannot get to them

• steve2
    steve2

I may be becoming way too hard-nosed for my own good as I get older, but I will only believe that the end really is very near if they use a minimum of ten adjectival "very's" before the noun "near".

For example:

"Brothers and sisters, it is very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very near."

There, I've almost convinced myself. Phew - where's the Valium?

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Don't buy green banana's..

just incase.

lisa

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

He showing righteous zeal for " The Truth ", this kind of hyperised propaganda has been around for many decades, instrumented by speakers.

Apocalyptic cults like this feed off world tragic events, the recent economic recession is just one of them for example.

Earthquakes, tsunamis, lawlessness, famine these are used as exploitation devises.

Since the WTS. publishing house exploits the bible, exploits people who believe in the bible, exploits world events to their usefulness in the literature circulation,

shouldn't the Kingdom Halls be called Exploitations Halls ?

Quite frankly what if the WTS didn't do this ( hang the proverbial carrot in front of people's faces )

allot would of course fade away and not bother with the whole thing.

Fear sells and prevaricates people into submissive control.

• bohm
    bohm

Armadillo is so near you shouldnt bother flushing the toilet anymore!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

According to the WBT$..

The end has been near,for over 100 years..

The WBT$ is run by Idiots..

................ ...OUTLAW

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

You know how the old mechanical alarm clocks would click a split second before the bell rang? That's where we are in the stream of time...between the click and the ring. At least that's where they said we were 40 years ago...

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

LOL at the idiots who say "aren't we grateful for the end not coming yet because look at all the people who wouldn't be here." As Jehawber delays the end to save souls, a higher proportion of souls are born into the world that will never hear the "word of god" in the first place. Jehoover must suck at math!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit