The Witnesses are freaking out

by Sour Grapes 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard this crap so many times. What they didn't tell me is that the whole religion started, back in 1872, on the premises that Armageddon was coming in 1874. Then, when 1875 came, they pushed the date back to 1878. Then 1914. Then all those other dates, most notably to most of us being 1975.

Now, it is close. It is getting closer. But, for those of you who managed to learn your freshman algebra without being too tired from those late-ending boasting sessions, it is mathematically possible for something to be very close, and forever getting closer without actually getting here. It is called simultaneous equations, and any point where the two intersect is called a "root". Some pairs of equations have one root. Some have multiple roots, as the graphs keep curving while they weave in and out. And others have no roots, as they never intersect. Of these, some have no roots simply because they are closed curves with no intersection. Some will get closer for a time, only to get farther away. And others have no root because they infinitely get closer without actually intersecting.

A prime example of two simultaneous equations with no roots is (Y=1/X; Y=0). Anyone that can plot these on graph paper, or that has the use of a graphics calculator along with the knowledge on how to use it, can try various values for X. As X gets bigger, Y gets closer to the second equation (where Y is zero). However, the two never intersect because X has to be infinity in order to have Y=0 in the first equation. Y always equals 0 in the second. This is a prime example of where something is close, getting closer, and never arrives.

Anyone with this simple understanding of algebraic equations should be able to tell how it is possible for Armageddon to be close, getting closer, yet never arrive. For Armageddon to come into the present, you need the present and Armageddon to have a root (at which point, it comes). If there is no root, you will never see Armageddon. And, something tells me that 2012 is no more going to be the root of this pair (meaning, when Armageddon gets here) than 1874 was.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard this crap so many times. What they didn't tell me is that the whole religion started, back in 1872, on the premises that Armageddon was coming in 1874. Then, when 1875 came, they pushed the date back to 1878. Then 1914. Then all those other dates, most notably to most of us being 1975.

Now, it is close. It is getting closer. But, for those of you who managed to learn your freshman algebra without being too tired from those late-ending boasting sessions, it is mathematically possible for something to be very close, and forever getting closer without actually getting here. It is called simultaneous equations, and any point where the two intersect is called a "root". Some pairs of equations have one root. Some have multiple roots, as the graphs keep curving while they weave in and out. And others have no roots, as they never intersect. Of these, some have no roots simply because they are closed curves with no intersection. Some will get closer for a time, only to get farther away. And others have no root because they infinitely get closer without actually intersecting.

A prime example of two simultaneous equations with no roots is (Y=1/X; Y=0). Anyone that can plot these on graph paper, or that has the use of a graphics calculator along with the knowledge on how to use it, can try various values for X. As X gets bigger, Y gets closer to the second equation (where Y is zero). However, the two never intersect because X has to be infinity in order to have Y=0 in the first equation. Y always equals 0 in the second. This is a prime example of where something is close, getting closer, and never arrives.

Anyone with this simple understanding of algebraic equations should be able to tell how it is possible for Armageddon to be close, getting closer, yet never arrive. For Armageddon to come into the present, you need the present and Armageddon to have a root (at which point, it comes). If there is no root, you will never see Armageddon. And, something tells me that 2012 is no more going to be the root of this pair (meaning, when Armageddon gets here) than 1874 was.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This is just to funny,,, my jehovah witness brother just told my sister that he will be laughing at her when she dies at amagedon for my sister calling the jehovah witness a clut....

The most kind and loving people on earth... NOT.

I still find it shocking how the cult can indoctrinate members to harden their hearts and turn on their own flesh and blood in such a carefree way.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

jesus said by their fruits you will recognize them.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

WTWizard...

what scares me is that I actually understood that algebraic explanation....

...did you go and get a college education behind the backs of the elders?

LOL

SnakesInTheTower (of the "graduating college May 19, 2010" Sheep Class...aka Rich)

• Mary
    Mary
    He said that he became a Witness in 1990 so he missed all of the fun in 1975.

It was hardly any "fun" to those who got sucked in to selling their homes and businesses based on the hype of The Emperor Freddie-the-Fucktard over-active imagination. What an assinine comment.

Then during the Witchtower study some brother commented how thankful we should all be that Jehovah has not yet brought Armageddon because how many would not be here today.

Another stupid, useless comment. With that sort of rationalization, Armageddon should never come because they'll always be people who "would not be here today."

Does anyone there still have any braincells that are working?

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL terry - fuuuunnny.

Does anyone there still have any braincells that are working? mary evidently not....lol

WTW-did you post twice for emphasis?....rofl - makes sense to me.

peaches - yeah i remember as a kid my mostly jw family would cut off without missing a beat a df'd family member as if they were dead.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

True believers will throw out their refrigerators and freezers.

No need to worry about perishable food if the end is so near!

• agonus
    agonus

"WTW-did you post twice for emphasis?....rofl - makes sense to me."

Actually those were two overlapping comments.

Man, that joke never gets old...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh, goody...

The end is near... again...

Like OnTheWayOut - and probably others - have already said, "Same stuff, different Doomsday date..."

1914, 1925, 1940, 1975,... As someone else says, "Lather, rinse, repeat..." [Who is it that says that???]

But thanks for letting us know about it - this is an interesting thread; shows that the WTBTS just keeps using the same tricks, over and over and over again...

Zid littlesatan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit