The Witnesses are freaking out

by Sour Grapes 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm telling you, the whole 2012 thing is going through the JWs.

• moshe
    moshe
    -I just zoned out as my brain began to bleed.

Well, if you don't agree with something a brother says at the KH, SAY SO! A lot of other JW's in the meeting were probably thinking the same thing you were. You just have to phrase the rebuttal in the form of an innocent question.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Load up those credit cards like so many did in 1975....and then file for bankruptcy when it doesn't come.

• poppers
    poppers

You know how the old mechanical alarm clocks would click a split second before the bell rang? That's where we are in the stream of time...between the click and the ring. At least that's where they said we were 40 years ago...

My best friend became a dub back in the 80's and he told me this very same thing then, and with a conviction that surprised me. He couldn't understand why I didn't buy into this amazing piece of news because in his eyes it was so obvious that the Big A would be here momentarily. He just loved that clock analogy. By the way, he's no longer a dub.

• TastingFreedom
    TastingFreedom

The end already happened for me. It's actually the end of the watchtower bondage.

The year 2012 is being exploited to create fear. But come on, it's all wishful thinking. It's part of the past.

• agonus
    agonus

"I'm telling you, the whole 2012 thing is going through the JWs." I tell you what - if the Tower OFFICIALLY latched onto the 2012 thing, it could potentially be the smartest move they've ever made. So many "worldlies" have bought into the hysteria... and it's my understanding that the date/number 2012 is not necessarily limited to Mayan prophecy...

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I bumped into an elder today, and he told me this:

"we can see the conclusion in sight. Yeah, we have been saying that forever, but finally we can literally see that things are about to end - governments are failing, religion is failing...there's no doubt it is going to end very soon.."

As my eyes were glazing over, i was thinking to myself as he was talking, "you have been in this cult over 45 years and you still think Armageddon is this year"

As Steve Hassan says, "when you are convinced that your leaders are chosen and appointed by God, you will believe anything they say - no matter what it is"..

• agonus
    agonus

Well, Armageddon may be near. It just won't be at the hand of God - rather by those who claim to speak for him.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They have always been loopy with how close the end is but I agree that it seems the ones who aren't leaving are really believing it more than usual nowadays.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm telling you, the whole 2012 thing is going through the JWs.

Good! It's about time for them to go through yet another period of psychosis.

I'd rather be dead than live forever on earth with those nitwits.

Kiss me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit