The Witnesses are freaking out

by Sour Grapes 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

if they will teach one day to commit suicide, then the end will come

• Heaven
    Heaven

LOL @ Mary! Love your name for F. Franz there.... just priceless.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"I'm telling you, the whole 2012 thing is going through the JWs. "

Oh? Never heard of it. Not going thru me.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Back before 1975 the CO and DO, were the biggest pushers utilizing the 1975 scare and hype. The CO and DOs want to imply that they are so 'in' with the GB info and insights. The GB really utilized them for the push. Then, after the failure, the GB wanted to blame 'others' for the falsehood. But truly the GB and at Bethel there was all the hype for 1975. But it was perplexing conflict to me during that time their buying big massive buildings, renovation plans with projections of years ahead. It is the same today, but they're 'selling' and building elsewhere.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Mom talking JW end to me.

Me "is it this week".

Her "no one knows the hour".

Me "is it in a month".

Her "no one knows the hour".

Me "is it this year".

Her "no one knows the hour!".

Me "is it in 5 years".

Her "no one knows the hour!!".

Me "is it in 10 years".

Her "How many times do I have to tell you no one knows the hour!!!!!!!!!".

Me " How do you know it's so close"?

Her " "

Repeat and rinse.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I heard on the grapevine that the local C/O is stoking the fires of expectation in his Service Talks. I don't whether that is just him, or whether it is from a Society outline

• sir82
    sir82
    I heard on the grapevine that the local C/O is stoking the fires of expectation in his Service Talks.

Our CO just wrapped up his visit. His last talk was on how we know we're in the last days, including a glassy-eyed uncomprehending reading of the latest generation change.

He was building it up all week as "hard-hitting", but it packed all the power of a bag of helium balloons. A major snorefest.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

one of 'positive proofs' they used to use was that the annointed numbers were dwindling.

• agonus
    agonus

"a glassy-eyed uncomprehending reading of the latest generation change."

...which is pretty much the only way it CAN be read

• oldflame
    oldflame

To what I understand through a friend of mine as I do not attend church is that they are all talking about the end coming soon.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit