The Witnesses are freaking out

by Sour Grapes 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Anything that alludes to the end of the world will get them going. If some scientist says that gnat farts are going to rise 90% due to global warming, Witnesses will start screaming, "Yes, it's ARMAGEDDON, finally!" Then they'll use some essentially meaningless scripture to support that either Jesus, John or Isaiah predicted gnat farts are a sign of the end.

• undercover
    undercover

If a gnat farts in the woods, can you smell it?

• snowbird
    snowbird

Do gnats, as my 4-year old g'son would say, emell gas?

LOL.

Syl

• teel
    teel
    Technically the bible has being predicting Armageddon 4000+ years. Jesus was asked when will the "conclusion" be. So if you think Jehovah's witnesses are slow after 120 years, you must really struggle with the length of time the bible has made you wait?

No, because the Bible only says that it will happen, it doesn't push you at every possible moment to do more, because it's so close you can almost smell it. In fact Armageddon is a very small part of the Bible, there's much more concern about human's morality. Which is about the contrary to JW's, where practically there is no article or talk that doesn't mention the big A.

Armageddon only has to happen right once!

You know the boy who cried wolf too many times, right? Sometimes you can learn something from sources outside of the Bible, and the WTS would do well to finally learn the lesson that boy is trying to teach us. Assuming there will be an Armageddon soon, provided that God is righteous, who do you think He will make responsible for all those people who got tired of failed prophecies over and over for the last century, and got disillusioned?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

TERRY

''I was 19 years old in 1966 and walking down the street on the way to my friend's house when a truck circled around and came up behind me.

The driver leaned on the horn a few times to startle me.

It was one of the older brothers from the congregation who had spotted me!''...

you cracked me up man! Thats like something from the twilight zone!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit