Our Southern Friends- Are you Pissed about the Oil Spill? I Know I Am ...... !

by flipper 233 Replies latest jw friends

• freydo
    freydo

If you ever do a study of Labor history in the US or anywhere else, it's not a pretty picture. These fine old companies have used private millitia from the very beginning to intimidate and terrorize, and often in concert with local police. There is always this consortium of greed, corruption and incompetence in "pardnership" with each other. Now there's local police and the military teaming up with good ol BP.

"Yes, we have a civilian led democracy, so as no military leader should take over the US and turn it into a dictatorship. But what is the use if the civilian government turns into a dictatorship on its own? What, a democracy can never turn into a dictatorship? What about Germany electing Hitler? There have been many countries that started out as democracies only to be hijacked by one party and ended up as dictatorships. The Soviets used to boast that they had a democracy too under Communism: the dictatorship of the people! In today's announcement to the press, President Obama, in his role as the Commander in Chief, declared that General McChrystal was a brilliant general and that he was in agreement with all of Obama's policies. They essentially had no problems, until the Rolling Stone magazine article appeared...................." 6/23/2010

http://www.v-a.com/

• flipper
    flipper

SAMMIE'S WIFE- Thanks for that information. We haven't even started to see the long ranging deadly health effects this oil spill will cause upon the Southern states population's health and well being. Those examples you provided were definitely alarming ! And what will our dearly beloved government do while people in the south die of deadly toxins ? Probably nothing.

FREYDO- Good points you make. This country could so easily fall into a dictatorship or martial law so quickly- our heads would spin . And the reason ? Because the president and the government are not really IN control. It's the huge corporations, behind the scenes big oil companies and Rockefellers & Rothschilds of the world who are making decisions and pulling the control strings here. And that includes the BP oil spill scenario. That's why we see people being detained and arrested for trying to take pictures or report the REAL truth of what is going on. Everything is cloak and dagger cover up style- I'm sure it will continue that way

• snowbird
    snowbird

You are all so right; it's a mess - in more ways than one.

So many people from here are rushing to work on the cleanup - I tremble for them.

They are not given full disclosure as to what they're getting themselves into.

Syl

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I think you're right, Syliva. Keep us updated as to what you hear. You might be the closest person on this board to the Gulf.

• flipper
    flipper

SNOWBIRD- I do fear for all of you folks, my dear southern friends down there. It is a crime that BP or government officials don't give full disclosure of potential deadly health problems that people will get if they do the clean up of the gulf BP spill. But the powers controlling it just don't care. To them a certain % of the population is expendable. It's unethical, immoral thinking on their part but an honest appraisal of how they view their billion $$$$ industry . I hope you and others on the board and your neighbors don't fall into really ill health. I fear for ALL of the southern population. I think we've only tipped the iceberg as to how much damage will be done there. Hang in there sis. Hugs & Love to you, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• snowbird
    snowbird

I know we're expendable to the powers-that-be.

My g'son-in-law is working on the cleanup; he's gone for weeks at a time; they've just had a new baby.

I try not to worry, they need the money so desperately because unemployment is in the double digits down here.

My g'son and g'daughter and I were just discussing this.

Thanks for all the concern you guys show.

Syl

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I really for you all down there. I guess I wouldn't feel so ticked off if there was any doubt that people were being told the TRUTH and allowed to make decisions for themselves, but BP is the government for the southern states at the moment.

Just today, another statement came out. A person cannot collect unemployment funds if they refuse any work - everyone out of work because of this crap must work for BP, even if they are afraid for their own safety and health, or else they will receive nothing. Something like 40,000 claimants will be reduced or eliminated as they start to weed out or justify non payment of funds.

I just wish the secrecy and the lies would stop and some leadership and honesty would begin. sammieswife

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I might also add something I never thought of until the news today.

Where is all the oil sand and tar balls going when the hazmat teams pick it up? BP insists it is not toxic and it can go to the landfill however, nobody seems to know what's up for sure because if it's not toxic, then why are the teams wearing protective gear? The reports at this time, are not conclusive and only offered up by BP - if the landfill is dumped full of toxic crap, then you have groundwater issues, land contamination, etc.

sammieswife

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Just today, another statement came out. A person cannot collect unemployment funds if they refuse any work - everyone out of work because of this crap must work for BP, even if they are afraid for their own safety and health, or else they will receive nothing.

That be the truth.

I know of one man who stepped into a hole and sprained his ankle.

He still has to report for work - on crutches!

Syl

• Podobear
    Podobear

I have every sympathy with those affected by this environmental tragedy.. to my distant (JW) friends from the early '80's and beautiful Bayoux of Theodore Alabama, and the beautiful time they gave me there. Thank you.

But, I am also mindful of my youth when the U.S Supertanker Torrey Canyon floundered off our beautiful Cornish shores, creating an horrific environmental catastrophe in March 1967.

By the way did you know that a Mr Ted Hunnings gave the order for the R.A.F to bomb the ship. It took days of bombing by the military.

He was a London City Banker, a JW minister, and ended up for many years on the Ciruit. I believe He and his lovely wife Vee are both dead now.

So, America, all best wishes but you are not the only ones who have suffered... may I whisper UNION CARBIDE... Bhopal??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit