Our Southern Friends- Are you Pissed about the Oil Spill? I Know I Am ...... !

by flipper 233 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ahhhh it's Unhappy Hour in Florida.

Oh and the Chinese too. And the Indians. And everyone else that buys oil--which is everybody. You guys forget. Oil is a global market.
    BTS

Let us watch as China and India take on the Middle East for the last precious drops of fossil fuel.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Let us watch as China and India take on the Middle East for the last precious drops of fossil fuel.

Exactly!!!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

I'm cleaning up, ladies.... (dancing, rolling in money and blow...)

• beksbks
    beksbks

LOL......................why does that make me laugh so frickin hard??? Seriously...............you've brought tears Monkey

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

They probably will, but the means that they use to do so may be less violent than military measures. I could be wrong, but hot war doesn't seem to be in the cards to me. It is too inefficient and counterproductive.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
  • SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

You party with an interesting crowd.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Burns,

For goodness sake please don't bring up the past. I've already served my time....

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

But...over a birfday cake mang? A CAKE!? That's some angry monkey right there.

You are lucky that simians get special treatment in our judicial system.

BTS

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Remember how careful we were when the prices shot up? How much consumption decreased? We can do this.

-----------

But that's only one small side of the equation.

When the prices jumped, it was the start of what you see now in the economy. We watched a lot of small businesses close up shop. People stop driving and traffic goes down - shops close up and even now, many haven't come back. People who use all their money for gas, have less for other things which has an impact on everything from coffee shops to repair shops. Consumption is still down lower than it was years ago but this is partly because of the millions of unemployed not in the system.

The ideal, long term solution is public transportation - trains, but that's been known for a hundred years. In a society where people must work a variety of shifts and with little or no public transportation available, they must get to work by car. All people do not live in cities and can't live in cities; all are not able to car pool either.

I think it's ironic that the same companies and governments that tell us how great a hybrid car is, are the same icons of industry that shut down the electric car and public trolley's a hundred years ago because it was more profitable for them to do so. When they decide they can make profit off something else, then we'll see a big switch to good public transportation but until then people have to do what they must do in order to keep going.

I'm pissed at big companies who get away lax safety measures and regulators that are either corrupt or inept. In this case, they now point to the company who made the back up safety hardware - a dead battery, a leak in the system- and the whole thing was just inspected before the explosion? Bankruptcy protection will probably come next and the capped payout equates to a weeks worth of profit for them, regardless of how much land, wildlife or people are affected. The pictures of dead sea turtles and dolphins are disgusting and that's only what we see washed up - imagine what will be kept hidden. sammieswife.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit