Our Southern Friends- Are you Pissed about the Oil Spill? I Know I Am ...... !

by flipper 233 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the replies. LEAVING WT- I think you are correct that BP SHOULD be criticized on how they are handling this. I read in our Sacramento Bee newspaper today that although they cut the pipe Saturday and funneled oil up into a ship - it only took until nightfall to load the ship down with 600,000 gallons of oil ! Then they had to cap it again because they couldn't handle the amount of oil being siphoned off. So - Here's the million $$$ question for anybody who wants to answer - Is this THE ONLY SHIP they have access to that will catch this oil ? Are there other like ships available from SOMEWHERE on the planet to catch this oil and continue the process ? Or are there NOT ENOUGH ships to keep putting one ship per day on location catching this oil ? Or - The other obvious question - Is it TOO COSTLY for BP to even GET another ship to do this daily siphoning job ? If so - Then I'd advise them to find some goddamned safe place to unload the 600,000 gallons they have in the first ship and get their ASSES BACK to siphon more oil with the only ship they have access too ! Makes sense to me ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Newsweek: It's Bush's Fault

LWT, are you implying it's not? GWB and Cheney had a goal when they went in, to smash regulations. They succeeded. That's just regulations in general, not to mention two oil men who personally made millions if not billions from their own policies. To say this is not a direct result is to be naive at best, disingenuous at second best.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Flipper, I heard the other day, that they have ships loaded and waiting for prices to go up. But that is strictly rumor.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    LWT, are you implying it's not?

I don't really have a strong opinion on it. Perhaps after I read the future report on what happened in this incident, I can respond. I don't consider your position to be naive or disingenous. Senator John Kerry admitted a few years ago to Bill O'Reilly that in regards to our energy policies, both parties sold out the American people for campaign support from oil companies. Obviously, Bush having been President for 8 years in the recent past, he must certainly take some responsibility for the current energy situation and the drilling policies. I would need WAY more data to blame one man for this particular incident.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Beks -- If you're right, then Obama might visit Texas and "kick" Bush's "ass". Or, maybe he was not referring to the person he blames, but the people who are not fixing the problem fast enough for his liking.

President Barack Obama said Monday he's been talking closely to Gulf Coast fishermen and various experts on BP's catastrophic oil spill not for lofty academic reasons but "so I know whose ass to kick."

The salty words, part of Obama's recent efforts to telegraph to Americans his engagement with the crisis, came in an interview in Michigan with NBC's "Today" show.

He strongly defended his role in dealing with the crisis that began with the April 20 explosion on a BP-leased oil rig in the Gulf, killing 11 workers and starting the nation's largest-ever oil spill.

. . .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100608/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_oil_spill/print

• flipper
    flipper

I hope Obama does go down there and kick some a$$. I hope SOMEBODY goes down there and kicks some BP a$$ . This is getting past ridiculous. They need to insert Dick Cheney's mouth on that pipe as well while they are at it . Let him suck up to the oil industry in a literal way

• leavingwt
  • flipper
    flipper

LEAVING WT- Yeah, funny pictures ! They expect US to be responsible for spilling our car's gas- but BP be responsible ? Not.

Too bad ladies have to wear gas masks just to wear a bikini and get some sun these days on your turf down there ! Jeez

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Newsweek: It's Bush's Fault

"The BP oil spill is the perfect metaphor for Barack Obama's presidency so far. His first 500 days in office have been—with the significant exception of health-care reform—consumed in cleaning up the messes left by his predecessors in the financial sector, the auto business, Afghanistan, and now the oil and gas industry, where "regulators" in the Denver office of the Minerals Management Service under President Bush were literally sleeping with the industry reps they were supposed to be licensing. Obama's fate is to head up what Donald Regan (Ronald Reagan's chief of staff) called "the shovel brigade"—the crew cleaning up the dung when the elephants leave the circus."

Does anyone seriously think that the effect of 8 years of any president's leadership would notbe felt for many years afterward? We're still dealing with the devastating effects of Ronald Reagan's policy decisions, fer chrissakes. Why wouldn't there be plenty of blame laid on Bush/Cheney? - they've only been gone 18 months. More evidence of their transgressions against the people of the United States of America will emerge for many, many years to come.

• flipper
    flipper

BIZZY BEE- I definitely agree with your take. Obama has been cleaning up George Bush's dirty diapers ever since he exited office. He left a trail all the way to Texass . Now Bush is hiding out cowering in his inner domain. He can't face up to the man he was as president

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit