Stayed up all night, see it is a cult now.

by gutted 122 Replies latest jw experiences

• upnorth
    upnorth

---gutted---

You are going in the right direction, don't stop.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Gutted,

One more excellent book is "Captives of a Concept" by Don Cameron. You can read it in less than 90 minutes, and there will no longer be ANY mystery as to whether this could possibly be God's organization.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome gutted!

Yes everything is very fresh. I still believe in love as taught by Jesus, but without all the conditions and in fact the traditions of men that the society itself has impossed. How does one go about study of the Bible free from religious pretext and tradition, but still keeping with the principles and ideals of love, justice etc? Is it a scholarly study of the Bible or simply a self-study reading?

It is simple, get a decent bible, there plenty for free here http://www.biblegateway.com/, the NWT is twisted and corrupt to the core.

Ask the Holy Spirit to be your guide as you read :)

John 14:26 (New International Version)

26 But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

John 15:26 (New International Version)

26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (New International Version)

14 The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 John 2:27 (New International Version)

27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Blessings, Stephen

• moshe
    moshe

Welcome Gutted and good luck. You can do the slow fade, don't upset anyone and slink out of town, fade- or you can go out with a bang and let everyone know that the WT publishing company religion is a fraud. The first method requires you to be a fraud and a good liar to pull it off- the second only requires you to tell the truth and trust in yourself and in the power of G-d to help you. Now which one would Jesus do? Personally, I would recommend just joining the Armed forces- I suspect you are still living at home- so you won't end up on the street and the Army will tell you what to do for the next three years, while they toughen you up. You will make new friends, too. If you are not careful you will just end up being a doormat for all your JW family, fake JW pussy friends and the elders will walk all over you.Plus, you could also end up marrying a JW lady and end up trapped in the KH- with kids, too.(true story of one of our members) Personally, it only took me a week to start telling everyone what I had found out about the WT publishing company and now 22 years later I can still look those JW's in the eye and tell them, See, "I told you so"- then they look down and they know I was right all along.

-

• peaches
    peaches

one day at a time,,,,it will be ok....

• peaches
    peaches

when people say i am a bitch or an ass hole,,,,i take it as a compliment yes,,,i know that is strange,,,but that is how assholes and bitches think!!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I knew in the last year or so there were things I really didn't like, ... the intense psychological pressure I feel to do better and better yet feeling at the same time like a complete failure in theocratic duties.

WELCOME, gutted. I feel for you. Yes it's quite a trip learning 'the truth about the truth.' I haven't had time to read everyone's responses (6 pages of them!), but in case it's not been mentioned already I'd like to recommend another very helpful book for your reading list:

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse by David Johnson and Jeff VanVonderen - Amazon link here.

See also www.spiritualabuse.com

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Gutted as I stated earlier you will meet many different people.

some will get you scratching your head. I think most of us are scratching our heads right now.

About Field service.... lying about hours? I never thought of that. How native was I? LOL

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

I might add one more "must read" to the list and that is Richard Friedman's Who Wrote the Bible

My, my, this mermaid had no idea her words would be cause such a rumpus! Convert anyone to atheism? Hadn't the least thought in that direction. Since our newbie Gutted has embarked on a voyage of discovery across uncharted waters, this mermaid was only offering up possibilities for additional exploration. For the thinking person, freeing onself from the intellectual blinders of the WTS is rather like being a kid raised on brussel sprouts who suddenly finds himself locked in the candy shop. There is this sudden jolt when you realize that you are free to make up your own mind...and read read read!!!

• undercover
    undercover

welcome gutted...

here's something that will probably happen as a few days go by...

You may start to question the validity of your research. Years of indoctrination does not go away over night. You'll have bouts of thinking that maybe you're not on the right path, or you're too harsh or cynical. You'll have waves of self-doubt.

This is normal. As you process all this new info and come to grips with the old indoctrination it will slowly fade.

Leaving isn't always a BAM, I'M DONE! and walk out. It's more a two steps forward, one step back journey. But don't forget that despite those setbacks you still are moving forward.

Continue to research...but don't limit it to just JW or anti-JW stuff. Research other religions and practices. Research the Bible. You'll be amazed at how much you thought you knew but really ddn't.

Good luck on your journey to freedom and keep us posted on your progress.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit