Stayed up all night, see it is a cult now.

by gutted 122 Replies latest jw experiences

• alanv
    alanv

Whenever someone like yourself comes on you can immediately see the unconditional love shown to you. The people on hear are fantastic. They have been through what you are experiencing and you can check yourself everything that is said. I am in a position where I had to fade but boy do I wish I could come right out with it and tell my past so called friends what really goes on at the WT.

Anyway I wish you well and we would love to hear more of your story and progress out of the Tower.

• bohm
    bohm

john doe has started a thread on the particular nasty add-hominem made by a certain poster on this thread. I want to link to it to prevent another thread getting derailed by trolling behaviour: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/192357/1/MODERATORS-trolling-poster

• ziddina
    ziddina

"We're mostly atheists here..."

Really??? I had the opposite perception... This comment coming from an atheist who practices - for psychological healing - neo-polytheism...

Gutted, most of the posters gave EXCELLENT advice! I'm only gonna say one thing...

F -A-D-E....

Zid smiley angel devil

• poppers
    poppers

Blue Grass - better check and see who it was that called you an a$$hole. Let's see if you can man-up and admit your mistake, then apologize to gutted.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oh! (where are my manners...)

WELCOMETOTHEBOARD!!

Zid smiley angel devil

• AwSnap
    AwSnap
    I might add one more "must read" to the list and that is Richard Friedman's Who Wrote the Bible?

Not sure why you're recommending this book. Gutted requesting information about the watchtower and jehovah's witnesses and that book has absolutely nothing to do with either.

Gutted, nobody has ever tried to 'convert' me into being an atheist. Yes, there are quite a few atheists on here. And yes, I have real life friends who are atheists, but they have never attempted to convert me or anyone I know. The book mentioned above is a good read. You may want to put it on the back burner for now, but definitely keep it on the list. Me, I'm agnostic....searching, but not desperately. My main goal is to give thanks. Whomever made me understands why I'm not certain who He/She/They/It is...and I don't believe I will die at Armageddon because I don't want to be a JW.

As a side note, while many are "love bombing" you right now, I think that's normal. Everyone truly is excited to have you here and welcomes any questions you may have. What happens when you make a new friend? Do you stay excited forEVER? No... the love bombing will chill out a bit, but after 8 months of being here, I've found that my comments are still welcomed and appreciated. Unlike with the JW's, their love bombing ends and the expectations go through the roof and everything becomes conditional. BIG DIFF.

• Lieu
    Lieu

How does one PM someone here? On this new board I don't have that option?

• jambon1
    jambon1

Welcome to the board.

You'll get plenty of good advice so I won't bother adding.

Your situation sounds like you had a bit of a lightbulb moment. Beware that it will not be easy for to keep up a fascade in the org. I frankly don't know how anyone does it. I appreciate that people just have to do what they have to do though.

All the best with your journey.

J

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    How does one PM someone here? On this new board I don't have that option?

Click on their user name.

Click on 'send message'

• just a reader
    just a reader

I've also recently learned the truth about the "truth" thanks to the internet, this website and many other sites. All the "apostate material" are really just facts exposing them. This website also has some good information. http://www.jwfiles.com/index.htm

My advice is to keep your faith in God and the Bible and SEPARATE it from the Watchtower Society. I think a lot of us have a hard time separating the two because we learned about the Bible through them.

Some scriptures that have helped me are Deuteronomy 18:20-22, which says: 20

"‘ However, the prophet who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded him to speak or who speaks in the name of other gods, that prophet must die.21And in case you should say in your heart: " How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken? " 22when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him .

Another one is Ecclesiastes 12:12 which tells us that anything beyond the scriptures in not necessary. They expect you to study book after book. "My son,

beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh."

I'm very grateful for all the posts here too having just learned all this myself in the last few months. I just feel sad for all the nice sincere people on the inside still being misled.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit