Whose Voice Should We Listen To?

by AGuest 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

PSacramento..

Shelby is a Sweetheart..She is simply passing on information..

She says Jesus talks to her and she writes it the way she hears it..

I think..

If people want to get Pissy..

They should take their complaints,Straight to Jesus!!..

LOL!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I agree Outlaw.

And that "Thank God I am an Atheist" was a nice touch, LOL !

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Where does the Bible say,God "Placed" a Bush in front of Moses???????

Where?..

The Bible says..Moses had to "Go" to the Bush..

Your no match for Shelby..LOL!!..

Seeing a burning bush in the middle of nowhere was physical manifestation of God. Moses saw it because god mad ethe bush burn where he would see it. The scripture says " There the angel of the LORD appeared to him in flames of fire from within a bush. Moses saw that though the bush was on fire it did not burn up. 3 So Moses thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight—why the bush does not burn up."

Sounds like god made sure something appeared right in front of Moses, not "moses seeking out god" there.

Perhaps before you tell me I don't know what I am talking about you should make sure you know what you are talking about.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Why doesn't God MAKE the world listen to him?

I don't know, but I am not sure I would want a GOD that would force people to do things and make no mistake about it, IF God were to play that card it would be "I AM GOD !!! DO WHAT ISAY !!!"

I am making the point that saying you only hear God's message if you are tuned into listen is bunk because God certainly has made people hear his message many times without them seeking him out. Listening, agreeing, following instructions are different things.

And god kinda does say "I am god, do what I say" because the alternative is eternal hellfire. Hmmm....obey or die? not much of a choice...

She did answer that, NVL.

No.... not really ...she played sematic games to do everything BUT answer it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

And so Moses said "I will GO and see this great sight, why the bush is not burned up"......Bible

If God "Placed" the bush in front of Moses.....Moses would`nt have to "GO" to it..

Sounds like god made sure something appeared right in front of Moses, not "moses seeking out god" there.....Notverylikely

Sounds Like?..Sounds Like?..It`s written for all to see..

Mose`s had to "Go" to the Bush.....It was`nt frigg`in Delivered,by UPS Delivery Truck..LOL!!

http://jcwinnie.biz/wordpress/imageSnag/ups_hydralic_1.jpg

It`s Obvious..You don`t have a Clue..

Don`t give up your "day job" Sherlock..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I am making the point that saying you only hear God's message if you are tuned into listen is bunk because God certainly has made people hear his message many times without them seeking him out

The fact that those times are far and few between means something.

God, at times, chooses individuals for specififc tasks, he doesn't choose just "anyone" and he certainly doesn't deal with "organizations".

Why does God work that way? why isn't God more "in your face" for everyone? why doesn't God just "stand up and make i clear to all?"

All valid questions, and I don't have the answer, but I am not sure if it would be in out best interest for God to be more "in our faces".

I mean, the people that God does have more direct contact with don't always have the best life, do they?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

It`s Obvious..You don`t have a Clue..

Don`t give up your "day job" Sherlock..

OK, got it, you are just stirring the pot, straining the gnat to swallow the camel.

God, at times, chooses individuals for specififc tasks, he doesn't choose just "anyone" and he certainly doesn't deal with "organizations".

All valid questions, and I don't have the answer, but I am not sure if it would be in out best interest for God to be more "in our faces".

I mean, the people that God does have more direct contact with don't always have the best life, do they?

No, but I prayed for years and heard nothing. I wasn't worried about an organization, I was worried about me. And Jesus wandered around and talked to just about everyone. In the Bible, god clearly CAN communicate with people whenever he wants, but apparently just chooses to ignore people most of the time.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

notverylikely,

I think I understand where you are coming from and what you mean, I say I think because I can't know for sure.

For many years I questioned and ask God, well, yelled actaully, for the truth, for the why's.

I asked when I saw horrid things in Bosnia.

I asked when I found out that some one I cared about and her sister were sexually assaulted by a family memeber.

I asked when I saw all that was wrong going on in the world and I asked when My Mother became and JW and took my older sister and father with her.

I never got an answer in years and years of asking.

Untill that day that I did get an answer.

I can only speak for myself and I am being as honest and truthful to you as I can be because I can be no other way:

I would NOT have been able to handle God's answer to me when I first posted those questions, no way, no how.

I just wouldn't be able to.

I am sorry that this is probably NOT what you wanted to hear, but I feel I am speaking from the heart.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I am sorry that this is probably NOT what you wanted to hear, but I feel I am speaking from the heart.

It's not a matter of what I WANT to hear, it's more of a matter of the stories in the bible not lining up with experience. God could disprove evolution, prove that he created everything, prove his existance....whatever he wanted, just like, in the bible, he did time after time with the israelites or Jesus doing miracles for people to see. Yet...silence. Nothing, zip, nada.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It's not a matter of what I WANT to hear, it's more of a matter of the stories in the bible not lining up with experience. God could disprove evolution, prove that he created everything, prove his existance....whatever he wanted, just like, in the bible, he did time after time with the israelites or Jesus doing miracles for people to see. Yet...silence. Nothing, zip, nada.

Hmmm, I think this sounds more like a "God needs to prove there is a God" than a "why doesn't God communicate with us more", no?

Evolution is a fact, God can no more disprove evolution than God can disprove gravity. You say that God can prove that he created everything, well, are you sure about that? I mean, what proof woudl be enough for you?

Because the proof may just be that he set events in motion and allowed for the chain reaction to do what he knew it would always do.

Would that be proof?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit