Whose Voice Should We Listen To?

by AGuest 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• journey-on
    journey-on
    if God wanted everyone to know what he/she/it was saying, he/she/it would just tell everyone
    Have you ever thought that God IS telling everyone, but each individual "receiver" must be tuned in to "hear" it properly. We all have free will to accept or deny anything offered to us.
  • notverylikely
    notverylikely

Have you ever thought that God IS telling everyone, but each individual "receiver" must be tuned in to "hear" it properly. We all have free will to accept or deny anything offered to us.

No, but I also never thought that Elvis was still alive. Since we are using the radio analogy, while yes, radios must be tuned to properly receive a frequency, God surely is badass, smart and powerful enough to use the emergency broadcast system that sends out the life saving message on all requencies at once.

Right?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

God has poor comunication skills if only some people can hear him when he's got some thing to say.

• MsDucky
    MsDucky

Religion makes you paranoid. Eww, no thanks!

• Think About It
    Think About It

Sorry for not noticing your pink symbol next to your name, your a nice crazy lady and we appreciate you here.

She's actually quite hot in a spiritual way. You ought to hear how she gets out of speeding tickets.

Think About It

• AGuest
    AGuest
    if God wanted everyone to know what he/she/it was saying, he/she/it would just tell everyone.

He has, dear NVL (again, peace to you!)... and He IS:

This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved; listen to him."Matthew 17:5

"... he that enters through the door is shepherd of the sheep. The doorkeeper opens to this one, and the sheep listen to his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.When he has got all his own out, he goes before them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. A stranger they will by no means follow but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” John 10:2-5

All one has to do is listen... to the One... through whom God speaks: His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. HE... the Spirit... and the Truth... through whom we must "worship" God. (2 Corinthains 3:17; John 14:6; John 4:24)

Now, I know you might say, "Wait! What if one doesn't READ the Bible; how would one know of such a thing?" I would respond to you, dear one, that the things written in the Bible... that my Lord WOULD tell you (because not all of it falls into that category)... are for UNbelievers. People who lack faith and so MUST see it in writing. Those with faith, however, would hear... WITHOUT the Bible... or any other "writing."

How? By means of an anointing with holy spirit (1 John 2:27)... which FREE GIFT... is offered... to ALL:

"... the Spirit and the Bride keep on saying: “Come!” And let anyone hearing say: “Come!” And let anyone thirsting come; let anyone that wishes take life’s water free." (Revelation 22:19)

One does not need to be Jew. One does not need to be a Catholic. One does not need to be a JW, or a Mormon, or a Baptist. One only needs to be THIRSTY... and WISHING. I HEAR... and so I say to you... indeed to ANYONE who is "thirsting"... who "wishes:

If YOU are "thirsting"... if YOU are wishing... then the invitation is to YOU. "Come! Take life's water free!"

May YOU, then, der NVL, have ears to hear what the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU... if YOU are thirsting... and wishing.

Again, I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

All one has to do is listen... to the One... through whom God speaks: His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit... JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH. HE... the Spirit... and the Truth... through whom we must "worship" God. (2 Corinthains 3:17; John 14:6; John 4:24)

I am listening right now. I don't hear anything.

Now, I know you might say, "Wait! What if one doesn't READ the Bible; how would one know of such a thing?" I would respond to you, dear one, that the things written in the Bible... that my Lord WOULD tell you (because not all of it falls into that category)... are for UNbelievers. People who lack faith and so MUST see it in writing. Those with faith, however, would hear... WITHOUT the Bible... or any other "writing."

So John, Paul, Peter....they wrote those letters to unbelievers?

One does not need to be Jew.

Too late! I already am a Jew.

• Twitch
    Twitch

lol

whatever

• AGuest
    AGuest

I am listening right now. I don't hear anything.

Perhaps if you adjusted the "dial"...

So John, Paul, Peter....they wrote those letters to unbelievers?

Methinks I wrote: "the things written in the Bible... that my Lord WOULD tell you."

Meaning, first, that not everything canonized in such letters, in the modern Bible, is what my Lord would tell believers... nor does all of it apply today. For example:

1. Paul's statement that Christ "gave some as teachers..." Per my Lord, however, and John, the Holy Spirit would teach us. I have learned the latter to be true...

2. Paul's statement(s) regarding women not being able to speak publicly, "even as the Law says." Paul was speaking, however, of ROMAN law at the time... and not the Old Law. Many don't KNOW this, however, and so continue to perpetuate this ancient customs through misogyny. Per my Lord, however, he doesn't care about a Body members gender. Which is why HE had no problem speaking with the Samaritan woman at Jacob's well... which his disciples apparently had a problem with but dare not voice...

3. Paul's instruction to the Corinthian congregation to "judge those on the inside" and to "removed the wicked man." Per my Lord, we are to judge NO ONE; indeed, we are to STOP judging. Also, if a Body member does commit a sin it isn't up to one man (Paul) or any tribunal (JC) to decide how he is to be treated. It is first up to the individual who knows of the error to speak with the person... ALONE... and lay the "sin" bare between the two of them ALONE. And if the one who "sinned" gets it and turns around... whoo-hoo... he has been "won." If not, the first one is take along 2 or 3 more and speak with the "sinner". If he listens, again, whoo-hoo... he is "won." If not... they are to bring the matter before THE ENTIRE CONGREGATION (which is what occurred in the case of the Corinthians, but Paul tried to singly override that congregation's decision, almost harmfully dividing it)... and if the "sinner" listens... AGAIN... whoo-hoo... he is "won." If not, he is to be treated "as a tax collector." Matthew... was a tax collector.

I could go on, but you should have gotten my point by now. My point? First, the letters you refer to weren't IN "the Bible" when John, Paul, Peter wrote them. Indeed, the Body didn't even HAVE a "Bible" at the time. Yes, they had the Old Law (most likely in the form of the Septuagint), but there was no NT. Second, excluding John's revelation and gospel account... NONE of the letters or other accounts were inspired. Indeed, God never told anyone to compile a "Bible." MEN chose to do that. And, yes, some of what is IN the Bible my Lord would tell you. But not ALL that is in the Bible. And some of what he would tell, although not in the BIBLE... is indeed written. But that's because the Bible doesn't CONTAIN all of the "scripture" that was written. It contains SOME things that are scripture... and some that is not.

Bottom line, though: if you don't have a "tuner" (i.e., faith)... it really won't matter where you set that dial, will it? And no, I don't believe you have faith, just based on the sarcastic manner in which you responded. The TRUTH is that you really weren't expecting to hear. However, faith "is the ASSURED EXPECTATION of the thing hoped for..."

Again, I bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Perhaps if you adjusted the "dial"...

If someone wants to tell me something, they call me. They don't tell me to learn morse code and change the channel.

Second, excluding John's revelation and gospel account... NONE of the letters or other accounts were inspired. Indeed, God never told anyone to compile a "Bible."

So why do you keep quoting them? Why you do quote things that aren't inspired of god? Why are you spreading false and uninspired words?

And no, I don't believe you have faith, just based on the sarcastic manner in which you responded. The TRUTH is that you really weren't expecting to hear. However, faith "is the ASSURED EXPECTATION of the thing hoped for..."

You're changing the subject. Firstly, I said I was listening. I don't hear god. I did not mention faith. And if God is talking, I would have no choice but to hear. Yet he is silent. And they only had faith AFTER hearing. Paul (who wrote hebrews, whom you claim wasn't inspired yet you just quoted) was FORCED to listen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit