Whose Voice Should We Listen To?

by AGuest 109 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

I don't think Shelby expects anyone to believe her words just because she says that they are from Jesus. In fact, she has repeatedly said that each of us should go to Jesus directly, (if we choose) and to pray to hear for ourselves. She is simply sharing the understanding that she has, in kind spirit.

Her posts make me think, and often push me to understand more - whether I am currently in agreement with her thoughts or not.

As for the hearing and listening thing: agreeing and listening is supposed to equate to the same thing as seeing and hearing. This is what Jesus referred to when he spoke about, 'He who has ears to hear, let him hear..." (Mark 4:9) Obviously those listening to him had physically heard him speak - but they had not necessarily understood or agreed with what He spoke. Also " so that, 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding..." Mark 4:12

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    But what if the voice says she likes it when you pull her hair and it hurts a little?

Don't they all ?

;)

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

So, you wish to continue? Well, okay, let's, dear NVL... and, again, peace to you! Yes, Adam heard my Father walking about. He also HEARD the warning about eating from the Tree. Which warning... he CHOSE... NOT to "hear."

Sorry, you don't get to change the meanings of words when you are backed into a corner. He heard it. He chose to ignore. God made him listen. Same with the others. Don't try to muddle hearing with agreeing or caring. You miss the point. God makes people hear when he wants to. Why doesn't he make the whole world listen.

And yet, an angel was standing right in front of Balaam... and he neither saw nor heard it. But the donkey did... Perhaps you should stop relying on what you've HEARD about the account... and read it for yourself. Perhaps. Your choice, though.

Exactly. Then the angel made the donkey talk so Balaam could hear. Again, an example of God/angels making sure people can hear them when God/angels want to. You miss the point. God makes people hear when he wants to. Why doesn't he make the whole world listen.

The physical manifestation came... BECAUSE Belshazzar chose not to LISTEN.

You miss the point. God makes people hear when he wants to. Why doesn't he make the whole world listen.

As regards Moses, he could have chosen NOT to investigate the bush... as many would.

But he had to see the bush because god placed it right in front of him. Don't confuse listening with being forced by God to see/hear. God makes people hear when he wants to. Why doesn't he make the whole world listen.

No. God is a spirit and so He does not rest as we do. He rested from what He was doing THEN... and began another "work," which work my Lord continues to this day.

You CAN get this NVL... you and everyone else here. If you WANT to. You can hear God speak though His Son... if you WANT to. First, though, you have to entertain the POSSIBILITY that He DOES speak... and you CAN hear.

Why are you disagreeing with the Bible? It says god rested, not the other stuff you are saying. Why do you disagree with god?

And answer the question, if god can clearly force people to acknowledge him and hear him when it suits him, why does he play cloak and dagger? why doesn't he just make everyone hear his message and then leave what they want to do up to the individual?

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I heard voices in my cereal this morning

"Snap, Crackle, Pop!!"

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Don't they all ?

;)

They better if I am paying...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Why doesn't God MAKE the world listen to him?

I don't know, but I am not sure I would want a GOD that would force people to do things and make no mistake about it, IF God were to play that card it would be "I AM GOD !!! DO WHAT ISAY !!!"

See, when God speaks to an individual, it is up to the individual to decide to listen or not, but if God was to make the "STATEMENT" for all, then it no longer falls on the indivdual choice, does it?

I mean, if God said, "let us all shave our heads and rub oil over each other", there woudl always be those that say, "er, um no I don't think so", the problem would be with ALL THE OTHERS that follow God and tehn would FORCE other to do so and their justification would be, " God said so, we ALL heard God, how dare you refuse!!!"

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

I dont know who you are,but your words scare me.Thank god Im an athiest.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

But he had to see the bush because god placed it right in front of him.....notverylikely

God "PLACED" a bush right in front of Moses?..

LOL!!..

Sorry, you don't get to change the meanings of words when you are backed into a corner......notverylikely

Neither do you..

And the angel of the LORD appeared to Moses in a flame of fire out of the middle of a bush, and Moses looked, and the bush burned with fire, but, Look! it was not burned up!!
    And so Moses said "I will GO and see this great sight, why the bush is not burned up".

Where does the Bible say,God "Placed" a Bush in front of Moses???????

Where?..

The Bible says..Moses had to "Go" to the Bush..

Your no match for Shelby..LOL!!..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Shelby has a very distinctive way of speaking, that's for sure.

For those of us that have gotten to know her, even only in the "internet sense", we see that it is just "her way".

She is NOT rude, she is NOT mean or spitful, she never insults anyone.

I take her mode of speaking over others here that seem to feel that they need to insult someone to get their point across.

• tec
    tec

And answer the question, if god can clearly force people to acknowledge him and hear him when it suits him, why does he play cloak and dagger? why doesn't he just make everyone hear his message and then leave what they want to do up to the individual? - NVL

She did answer that, NVL.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit