2010 Circuit Assembly..........Sunday Program nonsense and madness.

by RULES & REGULATIONS 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

oh

• whoknows
    whoknows

I so agree with Little sister - it is theft of the worst kind, your future.

I didn't go to college after I graduated in 1970 because the end was coming in 1975, and I have witnessed "up close and personal" the devastating effect the lack of a college education has had on my generation. So many bright people spending their lives doing janitorial work. What a shame and a waste.

• observador
    observador

I once told my mother that I religion that gets all fired up when tragedies happen around the world doesn't do for me.

She got all offended, acussing me of inventing things, her memory completely failed her.

I hope this year she'll remember that conversation we had years ago.

Observador.

• observador
    observador

Here's what I could never figure out: If all these JW kids are so hell-bent on pioneering and avoiding college as if it were a giant leper colony....why the flurck would you take the ACT (or SAT or any other test exclusively designed for determining ability to do well in college, and good for absolutely nothing else)?

And what I don't quite understand is why all these young people who didn't go to college ARE NOt all serving as Pioneers where the "need is great".

They should all be there, right? right?

But no, they get married and, after they have their first kid, they have the perfect excuse to stay put, as I have seen over and over and over again.

Observador

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Here's what I could never figure out: If all these JW kids are so hell-bent on pioneering and avoiding college as if it were a giant leper colony....why the flurck would you take the ACT (or SAT or any other test exclusively designed for determining ability to do well in college, and good for absolutely nothing else)? I had a 4.0 GPA, was a regular pioneer in the 11th and 12th grade and took the SAT. I wanted to compare myself against everyone in America. I knew that I would not go to college, although I wanted to. I was fortunate and worked to get a great career, but my peers hate me for it 25 years later. kinda funny!!

• BU2B
    BU2B

bumb

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

High School Counselor: ''Have a seat Karen and I will show you all the College applications I have for you.''

Sister: ''Thank you for all the work you have done.''

Counselor: '' I have an application from Harvard,one from Michigan University,and a couple from the East Coast.''

Sister: '' I have done alot of thinking and decided not to go to any College."

Counselor: ''Karen,you have a 4.0 grade average and scored very high on the A.C.T. and you would have no problem getting into any of these schools."

Sister: '' As you know,I'm a Jehovah's Witness and we believe that we are near the ''end times.'' I decided that I will go into the preaching work part time and maybe go to a 2 year school."

Counselor: ''You will probably get into these schools at almost no cost because of your 4.0 average and high A.C.T. scores and have a good career the rest of your life.These are great schools and will prepare you to land a good job.''

Sister: ''This world is passing by and may not be here any longer. I decided to enter the ministry work and Jehovah God will provide for me in the future."

Everyone applauded except me. That was really sad to see!

Verbatim conversation I had with my counselor thirty two years ago. THIRTY effing TWO! F*ck! I wish I had a time machine, I would go back and kick my younger, smug self right in his dumb, fat arse! Then, I would go tell my parents to wise up and dump this cheap-jack religion, and forget about all these so called friends of theirs, who they would stop hanging out with 15 years later anyway.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RULES & REGULATIONS:

Reading this twelve year old thread is interesting and sad. What is sad is that this stand against college and careers (in 2022) is still current in the Witness religion!!

It was nice to read my old post. The difference now is that I am Retired and glad I worked full-time..The other difference is that many Witnesses have also reached retirement age but cannot retire due to the fact that they did Not work at a decent job…[Note: even people without college degrees in the ‘70s could have gotten good jobs w/benefits back when there were jobs a plenty!]

These JWs could have been in a much better situation today..But, no, they opted to follow the advice of the religion and be in full-time ministry and on the fringes of the workforce with part-time jobs with no benefits. 👎

I am out of the JWs as a twenty-one year ‘Fader’ and GLAD I was that ‘unspiritual’, ‘low hour publisher’.🙄.. I am so Thankful I ignored all the foolish talk there!.. I know of three single women who are needy now because they fell for wanting to be accepted by all the phony hypocrites there!

• Foolednomore
    Foolednomore

I theory is correct, the Jw elite like to have the rank and file uneducated so that they can be easily manipulated. Once I started to use critical thinking, the whole Jwism sinks in stupidity. There is no turning back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit